I need to learn, what resources are available ?

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
clearquest
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: I need to learn, what resources are available ?

Post by clearquest »

I think the problem with you getting the info. you need is because if your location being Queensland, Australia. Maybe Brent has some ideas on how you might find training options there?
GlassStarz
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by GlassStarz »

Not sure what the problem is you have the tape there are hundreds of how too on you tube. Get a piece of GLASS and practice. It's not hard
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Brent Deines »

clearquest wrote:I think the problem with you getting the info. you need is because if your location being Queensland, Australia. Maybe Brent has some ideas on how you might find training options there?
Unfortunately the only TAFE course I am aware of that fits this category is one I have never attended, nor do I know anyone who has attended it so I can't offer an opinion one way or another and I assumed, perhaps wrongfully so, that HBCC had already explored this option. https://www.tafensw.edu.au/howex/servle ... seNo=11867

I have also not personally seen any of our customer's repairs in Queensland so it's impossible for me to recommend any individual or company there for either windshield repair or replacement training. We are of course always available by telephone and email to answer specific questions pertaining to Delta Kits products and general questions about realistic expectations, etc.

HBCC, I commend you for recognizing that just because someone has been doing something for a long time does not necessarily mean they have achieved the highest possible level of expertise. More importantly I commend you for wanting to advance your skills to the highest level possible. Far too often we find self proclaimed expert technicians are not completing quality repairs and lack the desire to improve. I believe in trying to improve every single day, which requires that I seek out constructive criticism, that I accept that there is always more to learn, and that I carefully consider the advice of those kind enough to offer it. It sounds like you have a similar philosophy so I suspect you are already doing good repairs and will continue to improve, as I certainly hope I will.

Sorry I don't have more to offer in your part of the world at this time but I sure would like to come and visit you one of these days. Maybe a motorcycle trip and some scuba diving?
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
HBCC
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by HBCC »

Brent Deines wrote:
clearquest wrote:I think the problem with you getting the info. you need is because if your location being Queensland, Australia. Maybe Brent has some ideas on how you might find training options there?
Unfortunately the only TAFE course I am aware of that fits this category is one I have never attended, nor do I know anyone who has attended it so I can't offer an opinion one way or another and I assumed, perhaps wrongfully so, that HBCC had already explored this option. https://www.tafensw.edu.au/howex/servle ... seNo=11867

I have also not personally seen any of our customer's repairs in Queensland so it's impossible for me to recommend any individual or company there for either windshield repair or replacement training. We are of course always available by telephone and email to answer specific questions pertaining to Delta Kits products and general questions about realistic expectations, etc.

HBCC, I commend you for recognizing that just because someone has been doing something for a long time does not necessarily mean they have achieved the highest possible level of expertise. More importantly I commend you for wanting to advance your skills to the highest level possible. Far too often we find self proclaimed expert technicians are not completing quality repairs and lack the desire to improve. I believe in trying to improve every single day, which requires that I seek out constructive criticism, that I accept that there is always more to learn, and that I carefully consider the advice of those kind enough to offer it. It sounds like you have a similar philosophy so I suspect you are already doing good repairs and will continue to improve, as I certainly hope I will.

Sorry I don't have more to offer in your part of the world at this time but I sure would like to come and visit you one of these days. Maybe a motorcycle trip and some scuba diving?

Thanks for the information Brent. I have looked at the TAFE NSW course but it is a little far to travel and although correspondence is an option I like to ask too many questions to even hope I would get all I needed from completing it this way. :)

I do not think I could pick a better spot for a motorbike ride or scuba dive than right here in paradise.