Newbie looking for advise on a delta kit

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
glassmedic209
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Newbie looking for advise on a delta kit

Post by glassmedic209 »

Hey I'm Blake, I'm just getting into the chip repair field. Lots of great info here on the forum. I have a quick question.

Saw the 36015H anniversary delta kit online, looks like a decent deal for the amount the kit comes with. I already have 4 or 5 accounts lined up and i have some experience in chip repair, but im wondering if this is overkill? the next cheapest kit they sell is 860 the 36010 and seems to contain about 70% of what this kit has.

Please let me know your thoughts!
Last edited by Kgobin on March 16th, 2014, 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: url removed from post
GlassStarz
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Newbie looking for advise on a delta kit

Post by GlassStarz »

If you succeed in this business you will eventually need everything and probably more.It better to have something in the box when you find you need it than not.
glassmedic209

Post by glassmedic209 »

Yeah I guess your right on that one, I just want to sort out the fluff from the essential stuff for start up costs. It will be a part time gig after my normal day job. I am a fleet mechanic manager so I have a lot of fleet accounts already signed up when I get my **** together and start the company.
candyman

Post by candyman »

If you are doing fleets , you will need the extra bridge. Its cheaper paying the extra for the A -Kit.
t4k

Post by t4k »

I do fleets and I have three bridges. I use all three everyday!
bill lambeth

Post by bill lambeth »

I have 6 but just like t4k I use three everyday ! I have found that working more than three is to much work for this old man !
t4k

Post by t4k »

Three seems to be the magic number for me too. When you leap frog them the timing just seems right with three!!
glassmedic209

Post by glassmedic209 »

Ok so 3 seems to be the magic number here. Especially since all the fleets I will do are 18 wheelers and contractor trucks. How much are you guys charging for fleet repairs? Guys in my area seem to charge 40 to 50 per windshield. I'm thinking that's a bit high but I may be missing something seeing that I have not actually done this as a job before? Thanks for all the input here so far! Happy to be a member here!
Mr Bill

Post by Mr Bill »

glassmedic209 wrote:. Guys in my area seem to charge 40 to 50 per windshield. I'm thinking that's a bit high but I may be missing something seeing that I have not actually done this as a job before
Why not charge 40 to 50 per windshield to start, and later, if you feel like you are charging too much, you can lower your prices?
Personally, I think $40 is way low.
Charge enough to pay for your kit and your supplies and gas and still have a little left over to make it worth your while.
glassmedic209

Post by glassmedic209 »

Yeah but I'm doing fleets of 100+ trucks and they normally have 6 to 10 jobs per day per fleet, so I was thinking that doing it cheaper would lock me in as their vendor because people who do this as a living need to charge more. This to me will be a part time after work job. I already have a very we'll paying day job.