Curing bullseyes under pressure.

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
GlassStarz
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Curing bullseyes under pressure.

Post by GlassStarz »

Three of the posters here are the same guy playing games.he was banned here twice under other names. Do a little research you will find the join fate of the biggest culprit is 3 days after the last ban. I'm not falling for the junk anymore myself.
clearquest
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by clearquest »

so what 3 posters are the same guy?
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

I too am confused by the video 14U2Ponder posted, that is clearly not a bullseye but does clearly show damage being filled without pulling vacuum first. In fact in this instance pulling vacuum 1st would not do any good because as the video shows the cracks reach the surface so vacuum would simply pull air from the surface.

I am also confused by the last post from GlassStarz. Three of the posters in this thread are the same person and that person has been banned under other names? If you truly believe that please send me a PM and I will investigate. Posting under multiple names pretending you are someone else one sure way to get a permanent ban from this forum.

More importantly, some of you apparently completely misunderstand how a pressure first system works. I have never said I use pressure only to fill a bullseye. What I have said, and continue to say, is that regardless of the system you use both pressure and vacuum are used to inject resin into the damage and remove the air. The ongoing argument is which method is more efficient and on that point some of us are obviously never going to agree. Our videos of bullseye repairs clearly show that the air is being removed, not simply injecting resin under pressure.

And getting back to the topic, air around the edge of a bullseye is not the same thing as a pressure ring, which is actually resin forced out between the glass and the PVB. I'll post a video or two for better understanding as soon as I get a couple of free minutes.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

As promised:

Closeup of air being removed from a bullseye using a pressure 1st system. Note that the air is not simply being pushed to the edge but is actually removed from the damage through repeated pressure and vacuum cycles.

This one demonstrates how quick a bullseye can be repaired no "visible" air or pressure ring at the outside of the completed repair. Note that the repair was not cured under pressure.

***These videos were created specifically to show how resin is injected and air is removed using a delta kits windshield repair system. Although the results are undeniably acceptable, I do not advocate rushing through the repair process. For best results please follow the mfg suggested repair procedure for the type of windshield repair system you are using.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
clearquest

Post by clearquest »

thanks Brent! The proof IS there for all to see.
jarosz

Post by jarosz »

So U.V. light or sun what is better I have a lot of sun, I live in south TX.
jarosz

Post by jarosz »

Thanks, Can you recommend a good inexpensive lamp that works well. I know you said ask the manufacture recommendations, I'm on a super tight budget till I get up and rolling.
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

This is our current best seller. It it is both powerful and durable and comes with an extra battery, charger and windshield mount. It is also available without the mount for $49.95 and without batteries and charger for even less but the package deal is the best value. http://www.deltakits.com/shopping/ultra ... nd-charger There are lots of look-a-likes on the Internet, some of which perform well and others that are junk, so when you go shopping just make sure you purchase from a reputable source with a money back guarantee.

There are also considerably less expensive lights, including one we sell, but I don't recommend them for anything but a backup.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
jarosz

Post by jarosz »

Thanks, what would we do with out this forum, and i'm new to the forum.