The skill/equipment/efficiency balance

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
puka pau
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: The skill/equipment/efficiency balance

Post by puka pau »

Bill;

I notice that your location is Alabama. If you were in Minnesota or Maine, or Manitoba or Alaska you might well consider heat to be your friend. A major problem that I've noticed on this forum is that some techs who post comments choose to do so without the benefit of perspective. Different strokes for different folks.

Cheers;

Puka Pau
t4k
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by t4k »

Here's my perspective:

Warmth is your friend.....heat and moisture are your enemies!
bill lambeth

Post by bill lambeth »

Paul I do agree with you to a certain degree but running a defroster on low and using a torch on the inside is completely different. You are right I do live in a warm climate most of the time so I guess I am not an expert on doing repairs up north in the frigid weather. Even here on cold days I never use heat directly on the chip. I was taught that way but I found that I am better off without it.
puka pau

Post by puka pau »

T4K;

When does warmth become heat? How warm is warmth? How hot is heat?

Cheers;

Puka Pau
screenman

Post by screenman »

Too hot is is when the legs of a star start to shut up, I must admit I use my heatsink a lot now even on cooler days. I find that the extra space in a tight star that cooling it gives allows for a faster resin flow.
t4k

Post by t4k »

puka pau wrote:T4K;

When does warmth become heat? How warm is warmth? How hot is heat?

Cheers;

Puka Pau
Common sense must prevail ! I think everyone knows the difference between warm and hot. This is a skill set you pick up as a child.
puka pau

Post by puka pau »

Screenman and T4K:

Your responses are ambiguous. These are exactly the type of comments that provide little additional value to the neophyte W/S repair person that is looking for advice beyond what is provided in an eight hour training course and/or a 30 minute CD/DVD. This forum is replete with similar "advice". Brent summed up the heat issue pretty succinctly in a few previous posts. It's obvious to me as it should be to anyone else seeking cogent direction that neither of you have anything of value to add to the discussion - which is why for the most part anyone can access just about any thread on this forum and go cross-eyed trying to separate the wheat from the chaff, so to speak.

Cheers;

Puka Pau
screenman

Post by screenman »

I think whatever I wrote you would find fault with, I do this for free and the amount of thanks I have means that some appreciate it. Whilst your thank number is, well not that high for some reason.
t4k

Post by t4k »

puka pau wrote:Screenman and T4K:

Your responses are ambiguous. These are exactly the type of comments that provide little additional value to the neophyte W/S repair person that is looking for advice beyond what is provided in an eight hour training course and/or a 30 minute CD/DVD. This forum is replete with similar "advice". Brent summed up the heat issue pretty succinctly in a few previous posts. It's obvious to me as it should be to anyone else seeking cogent direction that neither of you have anything of value to add to the discussion - which is why for the most part anyone can access just about any thread on this forum and go cross-eyed trying to separate the wheat from the chaff, so to speak.

Cheers;

Puka Pau
:D