Billing without a fax ...is it possible?

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
txfirefighter

E-Z Up Tents ...

Post by txfirefighter »

I am only renting where I live and the landlord will not let me have distinctive ring or long distance since it is all bills paid. I even told them I could sign a contract and they still said no. I called and it is going to cost $15o for them to come out and out in a line and $35 plus longdisance fees and tax a month for a fax line. It might be well worth it in the long run but I was wondering if anyone does it without one and how good does that work. Let me know.I know abouot ACT but trying to stay away from the $15.
Delta Kits
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Delta Kits »

I have not used them, so it's not a recommendation, but there are companies online such as http://www.efax.com that provide you with a fax number, and then email any faxes to you...You could check those out.
Delta Kits, Inc.
Delta Kits

Post by Delta Kits »

Nice call Dave :) Have you used them?
Delta Kits, Inc.
DaveC

Post by DaveC »

Personally, No. All faxes are handled by my cell provider.

But, one of my webhost clients, that sells cable programming to/from all of the major providers to end users does and has absolutlely no complaints.

BTW - His annual gross income (yes, without a dedicated/in-office fax machine) would probably make us all want to give up WSR and go into the TV programming biz.;)

It seems to be free if you dan't care about the area code assigned, but, for a few extra bucks, you can have a local area code or even a toll free fax.
CPR

Post by CPR »

There are also alot of fax machines out there with built in answering machines. Some of the Sharp models I have worked on would automatically go to fax mode when another fax was calling it, and act like a phone when someone was calling. I would recomend calling Sharp directly instead of one of the office supply stores where their employees dont know squat. 1-800-besharp
Coitster

Post by Coitster »

One option you can do is if you have a friend, ask them if you can install an additional line in their house and put a fax machine on it. I used to do this at my parents house years ago before I had distinctive rings.
David
Coitster
Glass
dentmedic

Post by dentmedic »

I have one phone line.
No long distance.

I use a prepaid MCI calling card from Costco ( 3.5 cents per minute ) for any long distance calls/faxes.

No distinctive ring - If a fax tone is sounded when I answer the phone then I press 9 and the fax machine picks up and receives it.

Actually I have never had the above happen as I am mobile so all dispatch sheets are faxed while I'm in the field.....

One line has not been an issue for faxes..

Jason
The Dent Medic

Ps I receive all business calls on my cell
txfirefighter

Post by txfirefighter »

I am going to try the phone line with the fax and voice mail combination and see how that works out. I think I will also use the calling card idea for now , until I get up and going then I will probably just get a fax line. Thanks for the help. BTW I was walking into a 7-11 and a man noticed my hat sitting on my dash of my Tahoe. It had the name of my windshield repair company on it. He asked me about it and I did a $40 cash job,right there in the parking lot...he had insurance but was in a hurry. Just talk to people and you will make MONEY.
WIN-1

Minivan back glass changeout

Post by WIN-1 »

I'm not in my own home these days, so I fax outbound what I need to.
I use AircomUSA have a toll-free fax # and an additional for $10 a month.
They'll give you a free trial run to see if you like em, even!
I have a deal with a local printshop to use a local fax # for inbound. One network requires a fax # with local area code. I just pay her $.50 a page.
I just have to be careful who I give that # to?:~)
Ken