Forum Enviornment

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
SGT
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Forum Enviornment

Post by SGT »

Just an observation here... It just seems that the forum at times and here of late has a feel of negativity. I realize it is hard enough to communicate verbally at times in life and even more so through written communication were it is up to others to interpret the implied context of the words. I dont know about you all but regardless of tooling used, resin used or other personal individual choices we all have a common bond. WINDSHIELD REPAIR! Hopefully we all also have a common goal and strive to do the best repairs possible and change the industry.

I realize in a public environment like this, when we post we are opening ourselves up to positive and negative feedback so put on your thick skin. That said, this is a place we can all come together on common ground to share and learn as long as we adhere to the forum guidlines. If we deviate and make posts that attack or are meant to create anamosity then our common purpose is lost.That does no one any good. There is a way to give criticism in a positive manner.

I dont know, I come here when I can to learn and share/help others as I can while trying to be impartial and respectful while looking/responding to others posts rather than be argumenative. I also understand this forum is not mine to run but is mine to use as long as I play nice even if I do not like the rules.

Take this with a grain of salt but I just felt this needed to be aired. HAPPY POSTING.
Safe Glass Technologies

2012 WRO Gold
2009 WRO Gold
2009 WSRPOTY
2008 WRO Silver
bill lambeth

Re: Forum Enviornment

Post by bill lambeth »

Totally agree with your post!
t4k

Post by t4k »

Was thinking the same thing this morning. It only takes a few to ruin it for everyone.
screenman

Post by screenman »

Well I post a lot on here and I know some people take my posts as offensive, they are not meant to be anything other than helpful and encouraging, but of course the written word can me misinterpreted.

For sure many people think that Brent and I collude behind the scenes of this forum, boy they could not be more wrong and I feel sorry if their believe has led them to leave the forum, fact is Brent and I often do not agree. That said we fully appreciate each others professional opinion, whilst trying to convince the other we are right.

WSR has been good to me in giving me a reasonable stress free life ( when not on here ) a very good income, I am so pleased with what it has given us that I want to share the secrets of my limited success, is that wrong? some think it is bragging some think I should keep it a secret and some think I talk rubbish.

Now when I talk Delta you have got me on a passion, not my fault I blame that on Brent for giving me a quality product to do repairs with. Yes I have tried other kits, I have been training guys back in the UK for 10+ years and I will train guys with any kit they turn up with. Hence the reason I have tried so many systems, guys buy cheap off of Ebay, find the kit does not work then seek me out to find out why, often not the tools as much as the tool holding the tools.

Over the years we have had many abrasive or disruptive members of the forum come and go, maybe some come back with a different name but they are easy to ignore, life unfortunately is not always nice after all.

We also have to think about people's lives away from the forum, the stresses they may be going through, debts, family life, stress from partners or lack of partners, many things that some people may use the forum to let off steam.

I for one type often faster than my brain works, easily done at my age, in future I will take more time and try and think about what I am posting. In reality I will just do exactly the same and read the post later and think I could have worded that one better.

I cannot honestly say that the forum is a learning place for me, as my business model is the same as it was pre-forum days, however I hope that some people even if only 1 person has taken something from my words and improved in one way or another, if not my time on here has been totally wasted.

As for the common bond of WINDSHIELD REPAIR, it is not a WINDSHIELD it is a WINDSCREEN! ;)
thechipdoctor
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by thechipdoctor »

screenman wrote: As for the common bond of WINDSHIELD REPAIR, it is not a WINDSHIELD it is a WINDSCREEN! ;)
Ha ha ha......agree!!!! :lol:
maxryde

Post by maxryde »

thechipdoctor wrote:
screenman wrote: As for the common bond of WINDSHIELD REPAIR, it is not a WINDSHIELD it is a WINDSCREEN! ;)
Ha ha ha......agree!!!! :lol:
Hey Screenman, on this side of "the pond" screens let air come thru. Maybe we should filter the names? Your new name is "shieldman"!! I like it! You are after all a knowledgeable professional, I mean all respect as I value your input, just couldn't resist. :D
screenman

Post by screenman »

Shieldman, I like it makes me think of a large warrior type holding a large shield up to protect those behind him. On second thoughts do screens let hot air come through as well, many people think i talk a lot of that stuff after all.

Thanks for the respect, it is much appreciated.
puka pau

Post by puka pau »

Wow! Since Screenman cannot honestly say that this forum is a learning place for him, I guess he really does know everything! One can only hope that his hat size decreases as he ages.

Cheers;

Puka Pau
screenman

Post by screenman »

Bang! straight in there.
benswindshieldrepair

Post by benswindshieldrepair »

At times, I feel guilty for only taking away from this forum. So many things have been taught to me by just sitting back and clicking away. I, for one, have learned a lot from screenman's posts, and those of many others. I've also been able to look past any negativity that I see and get the most out of what is offered from the talent that this board possesses. With that said, this board is essentially a "community." In my full-time vocation as a law enforcement officer, I know that this requires us to take the "good" with the "bad." No foul here. Keep it open, keep it free, but keep it real...and before you post, think first about keeping it civil. If we were all in a room, we'd be toasting one another and slapping each other on the back. Don't let the anonymity of the internet allow you to let your alligator mouth override your hummingbird butt, and yet, get some alligator skin instead.