Novus and delta

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
everest_4
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Novus and delta

Post by everest_4 »

I was talking to a novus tech today and he was telling me how superior their resins and equipment is to anyone else on the industry. Are they doing something we're not?
t4k

Re: Novus and delta

Post by t4k »

everest_4 wrote:I was talking to a novus tech today and he was telling me how superior their resins and equipment is to anyone else on the industry. Are they doing something we're not?
Have you ever heard a salesman say his products are not as good as the competitor? I haven't!!

To each his own...I'm sticking with Delta!
bill lambeth

Post by bill lambeth »

t4k wrote:
everest_4 wrote:I was talking to a novus tech today and he was telling me how superior their resins and equipment is to anyone else on the industry. Are they doing something we're not?
Have you ever heard a salesman say his products are not as good as the competitor? I haven't!!

Like! I am with you Aubie! :)
t4k

Post by t4k »

bill lambeth wrote:
t4k wrote:

Like! I am with you Aubie! :)
:D
screenman

Post by screenman »

I used Novus for about 16 years before switching over to Delta, I can honestly say I prefer the Delta tools and the Magnibond resin is every bit as good, if not better.

What is also worth mentioning is that the Novus guy would have paid a lot more for his supplies etc. he would not like to think he could have bought the same cheaper. This means he is convinced himself he has the best.
bill lambeth

Post by bill lambeth »

This is like a Brocken record! There is more than one way too skin a cat! Each is too is his own! All the big boys would not still be in business if their products did not work.Some faster or easier to manipulate !
screenman

Post by screenman »

Or if they were not so good salesman, all due respect Bill did you get out of the wrong side of the bed today :)
bill lambeth

Post by bill lambeth »

Graham , sorry for my negativity.A little edgey.Sometimes it just seem we go in circles here.Let me say I agree with you as well .I used a Novus screw type injector for about a year and hands Delta is the Prom Queen.I vote Delta all the way . :D
SGT

Post by SGT »

That is what makes this country great at least for the near future, the ability to have choices and speak your opinion about them. I cant speak to others choices nor do I want to becuase that is there right. But, I can factually speak to mine and I trust in Delta Kits. How could I not, DK has played a role in my success on a national stage being judged multiple times.

You know when I started out years ago I did my homework, made a brand choice that best fit my expectations and needs for tooling, training and customer service. Bought the tooling, got factory trained and then made sure I mastered the tooling according to the MFG recommendations. Over the years I have found what works best for me in certain scenarios but never stray from the MFG core process recomendations. One of the most aggravating and puzzling things I see and hear are people who never get the proper training on their tooling or worse do but elect to reinvent the process with unmet expectaions. Then they claim brand "A" is this or that, then they are brand hopping for the magic recipe. What ever you buy or use master the MFG process and tooling before you make unfounded claims. TRAINING, TRAINING TRAINING and more TRAINING then TRAIN some more.

I'M JUST SAYING!
Safe Glass Technologies

2012 WRO Gold
2009 WRO Gold
2009 WSRPOTY
2008 WRO Silver
just chippen away
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by just chippen away »

Your comment was only with two choices, Not much to pick from.... I have used Novus myself, To much acid in the resin... Layers of skin was coming off my finger tips at times..... Tried Delta,,, Can not comment on their site................. I now use the GT brand, and have verry seldom had any problems, I NEVER were gloves with their resins... Differant style resin. Don't have the answer so do not ask me that question you are thinking.... 18 yrs is all I can tell you...

The Novus guy you talk to is a sales rep,,, Screenman is a sales rep..... Listen to ALL independent techs and get their feel. Remember there is more than one or two companies out here.....

Call around and see if you can get samples to try... If not just buy it to try one bottle if you have to buy.... Sometimes getting something free does not mean it is better... Food for thought...
Just Chippen Away