Windshield Repair Olympics

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Brian Fenner - WRO Gold Medal Winner

Post by Brent Deines »

Here is a link to some coverage of the event. http://www.glassbytes.com/newsWRO20091106.html
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
nixquax

Post by nixquax »

Congrats. Brian.
SGT

Post by SGT »

WOW. I just got home and this was a nice surprise. Thanks for all the kind praise everyone.

You know winning is great and why anyone who is driven to compete, competes, including myself. But beyond a medal or trophy there is something bigger and less ego driven that is to be gained. That is meeting new people, sharing / learning ideas and techniques all based on a common bond we all shared that went beyond being competitors. That is our commitment to this industry and our customers by keeping very high standards. The WRO is a great format for someone to showcase their skills and this year was no different. All competitors were very friendly, professional, highly skilled and great sportsman and sportswomen.
It was also a pleasure to meet and put a face to some forum members.

I do want to thank all the folks that put this event together- the organizations,the event coordinators, the proctors, all the judges and all the sponsors. Without their hard work and generosity this event would not happen every year.

I also want to give special thanks to Delta Kits for their commitment to bringing the best training, tooling, resins, supplies and customer service to this industry. Delta Kits supplied me with the tooling at the contest and the factory training I received years ago. The factory training, tooling and resins played a big role in my placing in last year’s and this year’s competition.
Safe Glass Technologies

2012 WRO Gold
2009 WRO Gold
2009 WSRPOTY
2008 WRO Silver
GlasWeldTech

Post by GlasWeldTech »

Brian,
You old COOT. Dude you da Man again... Kudos to Brent and Delta for supplying you with those NEW Special T9000 injectors also. Way to go Bro.
Eddie
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

Here are some photos that I took at the 2009 Windshield Repair Olympics last week. I was unable to attend the first two heats of the competition so unfortunately I did not get photos of all competitors, but I did get photos of the following:

1st Place, Brian Fenner of Safe Glass Technologies using a Delta Kits windshield repair system. (Note: Brian is a true independent)

2nd Place, Lee Simms of Superglass Windshield Repair using a Superglass windshield repair system.

3rd Place, Brandon Long of Novus using a Novus windshield repair system.

Congratulations again guys, you all did a fantastic job!

Please forgive the picture quality, I'm not much of a photographer.

Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
Frank EU

Post by Frank EU »

Wow, that sure is a long string of photo's, thank you photographer, very nice.
I couldn't make it to the show this year, can't be over there all the time right, but I wish that all who took the effort to go and join in had a great time.
Korey has a whole new look with all that hair ;)
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

Yeah, kind of the Little Richard look. :lol: I know it is a lot of photos, but I wanted to give forum members an idea of what the Windshield Repair Olympics was all about, and give kuddos to not only Brian but the other competitors as well.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
Dave M

Post by Dave M »

Congratulations Brian. Once again job well done, only this time you brought home the gold!
It looks like it could be a stressful competition.
After looking at the pics that Brent took, I have a couple questions. Do the competitors cover the dash and steering wheel or were they covered by event staff? Also, if this took place in an enclosed building, why were the bubble dome and the amber UV protection being used?
Again, congrats!
SGT

Post by SGT »

Dave M wrote:Congratulations Brian. Once again job well done, only this time you brought home the gold!
It looks like it could be a stressful competition.
After looking at the pics that Brent took, I have a couple questions. Do the competitors cover the dash and steering wheel or were they covered by event staff? Also, if this took place in an enclosed building, why were the bubble dome and the amber UV protection being used?
Again, congrats!
Thanks Dave,

You know it is very stressfull, at least for me. Some of that is just probably my personality but the contest environment changes the game from all competitors I have spoke with over both WRO's. I could compete every year and I would still feel that way. Once the time starts ticking for me I block erythinig around me out( light, people, judges, cameras, spectators, competitors).

The best way to sum it up is you are role playing with the proctor and the fact that the vehicle is inside when you are treating it as if it were out side. The judges do nothing to the vehicles except create damage on the windshield. It is up to you to treat the customer and vehicle the same as you would in the real world. Hope that helps.
Safe Glass Technologies

2012 WRO Gold
2009 WRO Gold
2009 WSRPOTY
2008 WRO Silver
SGT

Post by SGT »

Brent Deines wrote:Here are some photos that I took at the 2009 Windshield Repair Olympics last week. I was unable to attend the first two heats of the competition so unfortunately I did not get photos of all competitors, but I did get photos of the following:

1st Place, Brian Fenner of Safe Glass Technologies using a Delta Kits windshield repair system. (Note: Brian is a true independent)

2nd Place, Lee Simms of Superglass Windshield Repair using a Superglass windshield repair system.

3rd Place, Brandon Long of Novus using a Novus windshield repair system.

Congratulations again guys, you all did a fantastic job!

Please forgive the picture quality, I'm not much of a photographer.

Brent,

That was nice of you to capture those memories for us competitors and share with the forum. I know you were busy. Thanks for taking the time during your expo to get them.
Safe Glass Technologies

2012 WRO Gold
2009 WRO Gold
2009 WSRPOTY
2008 WRO Silver