Windshield Repair Olympics

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
t4k
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Windshield Repair Olympics 2010

Post by t4k »

Good on ya guys! Keep up the good work.
sunshine wr

Post by sunshine wr »

Kgobin wrote:
sunshine wr wrote: Could someone list the winners and systems used by each one . Thanks!
Randy Burton-GlasWeld
Brandon Long-Novus
Greg Hamilton-Delta Kits
Thank you, Kgobin
Kgobin
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by Kgobin »

No problem!
Korey Gobin
Delta Kits, Inc.
GLASSTIME

Post by GLASSTIME »

Congrats to all who competed in the Olympics!

You have represented this industry well!
Chad E. Clewis
President
GLASSTIME Windshield Repair & Headlight Restoration

"Its What You Put Into It That Counts"
TGD

Post by TGD »

How fair can it be? not all breaks are the same. One person could have a more difficult one than yours.
Roo

Post by Roo »

TGD wrote:How fair can it be? not all breaks are the same. One person could have a more difficult one than yours.
With a spring loaded punch or bullseye maker you can usually make pretty much the same type of damage over and over with a little practice. I am sure whoever creates the damage that is repaired has practiced quite a bit. Someone that has actually been there and competed can probably answer this question better than me though......SGT?

I want to thank everyone that participated this year too and congratulate the top finishers!

Does anyone know what the limit is on participants for this event?
Kgobin

Post by Kgobin »

Roo wrote:Does anyone know what the limit is on participants for this event?
There isn't a limit on participants
Korey Gobin
Delta Kits, Inc.
SGT

Post by SGT »

TGD wrote:How fair can it be? not all breaks are the same. One person could have a more difficult one than yours.
TGD,

Roo opened the door for my response so I will be semi brief. When I competed to the best of my knowledge we all recieved similar breaks in type and size. I would say they went to great lenghths to keep it consistant to the best of there ability from competitor to competitor. Why this year it shifted is beyond me and baffeling.

I plan to be in front of the judges again so I will stay calibrated in my opinion. Personally I think all competitors should be judged on the same criteria and that includes the breaks being repaired. All professionals better be able to repair what ever is thrown at them but we all know some breaks are more difficult and require more time and obviously the visual outcome can be quite dramatic from one to another. As a previous winner this may sound odd since I did not have a Delta Kits judge and it may not be possible, but I think there should be judges that do not have affiliations with competitors. I say this not becuase it is not fairly judged but just for the elimination the potential bias and controversy that may arise from those associations. I would go on to say the proctors should be versed in repair and ROLAGS to minimize the time gap between when an actual judge is near the competitor. Since every competitor does not get there own judge, judges rely on proctors when scoring different areas. So the proctor could make or break you in the points. I also feel that the competitors should be able to review the judges score sheets as this would allow for correction and future growth.

I do think everyone involved tries very hard to put on a great event and sometimes there are hiccups and those hiccups can be controversial and costly to competitors or anyone else that has a vested interest in it being fair. Hopefully as future events happen they will continue to strive to better the competition and ensure that integrity remains a top priority.

There you have it. Thats my take on it. I still say get out there and do it!
Safe Glass Technologies

2012 WRO Gold
2009 WRO Gold
2009 WSRPOTY
2008 WRO Silver
Dave M

Post by Dave M »

Screenman,

What do you mean by "not a pump or pipe in sight"?
just chippen away

Post by just chippen away »

Dave M, You have the right thought. The system you and I use. You have the pump, I have the pipe being a long injector....
Just Chippen Away