Government Contracts $$$ ?

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
classglassrepair
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by classglassrepair »

I live in Abilene, Tx home of Dyess Airforce base. Home of the B1-Bomber

Id like to find out who repairs all the gvmt. vehicles glass. Anyone know?
Do you think they have there own tools. Probably do, but it doesnt hurt to ask. Could be big money.
Delta Kits

Government Contracts $$$ ?

Post by Delta Kits »

I don't know specifically about that base, but we have Air Force (as well as all other branches) customers that use our equipment, and we also have customers that are not service people, but are contracted by the government to take care of their military fleets. It all depends on area, and I would talk to the fleet manager for the base, he'll be able to tell you!
Delta Kits, Inc.
gt_repair

Post by gt_repair »

ClassGlassRepair
Do you have a daughter in Arizona?
I have a young lady here in town that says she has a Fother in Texas with a shop name like that.
Just asking.
GRT

Post by GRT »

Just a quick note about government contracts. I haven't done any business with the government with WSR, but I did do business with Nasa with the business I had before this one. They pay reallllly slow. The way to get them to pay you quick is offer them a discount OFF OF INVOICE. In other words when you bill them, in the terms column instead of say, NET 30 Days, (you can expect a check in about 90 days, my expierience anyway) put 1% NET 10. For the folks who aren't familiar with this, it means they can take a 1% discount off the bill if they pay in 10 Days. Ex: $100 invoice minus 1% = $99 check within 10 days of invoice date. The beuaty of this is, ITS THE LAW. If they are offered a discount like this they HAVE to take it. Now this only applies to the Federal government and their contractors that I know of. I'm sure most of you already knew this, I'm just throwing this out there for the ones that dont. Anyhoo... Hope this helps.
classglassrepair

No, gt cant say that I have any kids. Im 24 only been to arizona once.
And I dont remember any encounters!
Thanks
classglassrepair

My question now is how do you go about getting on vendor lists to be considered for local, state , and fedral govt. jobs?
Also I noticed when i was looking for tools I came across a company (Wizard. maybe?)that to me didnt look very well put together, had a list of many US postal stations and Airforce Bases that bought their tools and had trained their own employees to do repairs. Any thoughts on this?
gt_repair

Post by gt_repair »

I was talking to a SAFElite tech one on one, and he said they have the state prison contract because they are state wide and the bid goes state wide... I wounder if that is the same for all the GOV. contracts
desertstars

Post by desertstars »

To simplify.

As Delta suggests, simply talk to the fleet manager on the base. He will steer you to the SOP's. (Standard operating procedures).

Those SOP's usually involve closed annual bids presented to the procurement office.

As someone who has bid and also acquired various municipal, state, county and federal contracts, my advice is to include yourself out.

You'd be better off contacting the insurance agents that usually have offices right outside and around the bases who specialize in dealing with military personnel. One major insurance company in particular.

Offer to co-pay a mailing and include a blurb about special offers re w/s repair with his next mailing to his clients.

You'll end up receiving more $60 insurance jobs at considerably less problem than two days worth of working on $16 6/by or Hummer repairs.