The Commercials are BACK........

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Eco Steam
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

The Commercials are BACK........

Post by Eco Steam »

Just this morning while I was doing some stuff on the computer, I had the TV on and in a 2 hour period that Safelite commercial came on 6 times!

It's been several months since I've seen them, but they're back again....

I know that they're advertising their business, but.....I think it really helpd other shops out too.....

I'm in Austin, TX.....

Anyone else see the ads again in your town?
Eco Steam Car Wash & Detailing
t4k

Re: The Commercials are BACK........

Post by t4k »

Yep, I too saw them this morning during the morning news.
Frank EU

Post by Frank EU »

For many moths now, all day long, all channels -BTW: this is Nederland.
They are hiring techs, busy, busy, busy.
Glassdoc

Post by Glassdoc »

Commercials started playing here, 2 weeks ago (again).. Face it, slow economy, advertising is your friend. But, on that note.. I've received 3 customers that claim. When they spoke with (the hollywood repair team)., they were quoted $139.00 for a repair only. $139.00?? I know they have the Ins industry in their pockets. But I also know what is an allowable charge by my shop for said repair.. I wonder... Which Ins companies are paying $139.00 or more... I feel sooo used.
just chippen away
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by just chippen away »

Safelite is the pimp. They send their hoe's (The independent repair tech) out on a trick and give us our kick Then they pocket the rest from their sugar Daddy (the insurance company)

We need to take a shower to get this scum off of us.
Just Chippen Away
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

This is not the place to bash your competitors. Please review the forum guidelines.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
Frank EU

Post by Frank EU »

Well Brent, in all fairness and with all respect: I personally don't see the point any longer. You did not ask my opinion, but here it is -and I keep it short.

Most of us, in this trade, simply agree that the networks suck, and I repeat: they just suck. There should be no place for any networks. They play an obsolete and extremely questionable role in our trade. In fact: they need to go or, at least, dramatically beter the way they operate. How? For a start by discussing the way they operate. In public. All they do is steal, steal, steal, and that has been the situation for too long. And many of us knew that the larger companies, such as Safelite, are heavily involved here, and indeed, in bed with the insurance industry. And I regret to say that the insurers look the other way, pretending not to know anything about what's happening out there, how ethical! NOT!
The smaller vendors in our trade are being abused, big time. In fact it is a SCAM.
And this will never stop, unless we can at least openly discuss the situation. Let's not call that bashing please.
The situation in our trade is extremely unfair, very unbalanced, it needs to change.
Our trade organizations suck, what did they do for our trade lately? Can anybody please tell me? Right! Nothing, zero. That needs to change.

If we, the repair guys (and girls) cannot even discuss the problems, other than technical and operational, nothing will ever happen.
It is even worse: this forum will become a dead place.
Correct me if I am wrong, but your company doesn't do any business with Belron, networks or insurance companies (except repairs), so what would possibly be harming your business? Why not an open discussion about the situation, let's do it Brent. JMHO
Layne

Post by Layne »

Frank continues to be a respected member of this forun (at least by me). He definitely has a strong point! Most of us have experienced the problem he is discussing. For the sake of all independents let us hear what he is saying. We are loyal Delta customers.
just chippen away

Lets take a look at what the Networks have done for: The insurance companies Corp, The Ins. Agents, The insured policy holder, and the Glass shops. Now what did they do for them self?

The Ins. comp's Corp: They told the insurance company can reduce there personnel expenses by letting them go, their Holiday, medical and vacation expenses by using the networks. No employee, no expense.

The Insurance Agent: They told them they can not even recommend a good local shop to work on there customers cars. The ones that are trusted by the agents, All calls HAVE to go through the network.

The Insurance policy holder:
They need to call and talk to the network, someone they may not trust. Thinking that their insurance agent was the one to handle all there claims, but all they can not do is take your policy money.

The Glass Shops: Telling us how to run our business and how much we will get paid while they the network will make twice that by the time it is filed to the insurance companies. The network operates under different rules than they are asking us to operate under.

How can any of one of the above view what is going on with an open mind?

Please, If I missed anything again on this, add to this.

This could be a start for the NWRA and other org. to work with to see if there is any way we can pull together to try to win our independence back. All of the above will benefit.
Just Chippen Away
just chippen away

When the Insurance company corp. says they only pay out a certain dollar figure, Say 50 - 75, OK fine. Then the network also says they will pay the Independent shop (us) a certain dollar figure, Same as the Insurance company corp. OK fine.
But when the customer calls latter on down the road and asks their agent to look to see what the W/S repair / Replace cost the Insurance company going through the network and find out that the insurance paid out over twice that for the same job that we the independent shops could have filed on our own.

Do you think there is a problem here?
Just Chippen Away