Lynx - Do I dare join their network ?

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
dentmedic
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by dentmedic »

Up to now I've been billing all my customers directly(only 5 or so per month); but last week I did two insurance claims.
Seems that Safelite is easy and cheap to use but Lynx isn't.
Lynx wants $100.00 to join which is fine but is joining the richt thing to do?
Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Jason at Dent Medics
desertstars

equipment

Post by desertstars »

About the fee.

Contact Sharon Smith at Lynx (239) 479-6031. We didn't pay but that was years ago. As of 9/19/2002, there was a $100 "database update" per location fee.

According to Gary, perhaps they have, in fact, discontinued the fee although you seem to have received other information in that regard.

Should you join?

Well, that is another matter. My feelings about networks are already well-known and too well-known to expound on in this answer.

I will say that if you DO join Lynx, you should have no problem recovering the fee (if there is one to begin with) through a few job referrals.

How many referrals will you get?

Check my next post.
gold star wsr

Post by gold star wsr »

Dont hold your breath waiting for referrals. The only time Lynxx has ever called me is when a client requests me.
Repair1

Post by Repair1 »

YES YOU SHOULD JOIN!!

I don't understand why you would even question it if you plan on doing any insurance work. Yes you can direct bill it's a royal pain in the arss :D

I do get referals from LYNX not a lot but I'll take em... the best thing is when you have an insured call a claim in they are told you are on there approved list that puts your customer at ease.

Just my two cents worth

Happy Repairing

Brian
dentmedic
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by dentmedic »

Thanks everyone for your input. I'll be joining today! :D

Jason @ Dent Medics
colodog

Post by colodog »

First, I want to thank the provider of this forum for providing this wonderful tool. Second, I want to humbly thank all the windshield repair gurus out there that have been in business for years or many years. I deeply appreciate being able to tap into your knowledge. I know this forum will help me to uphold a high standard of service and repair. :D

Third, yes I decided to join the networks for my insurance billing. When it came down to it, most of the networks claimed I could not belong to them because I had not been in business for one year. However, they put me in their databases and said that I could bill through them any jobs that I found myself. :)

This leads into another issue. The issue of liablity insurance. I have liability insurance for my company because it just makes good sense. Now if all I do is use the networks for billing, and I do not belong to them then I have a sneaky feeling that maybe they can not dictate to me how much liability insurance that I need or if I have it at all. Furthermore, I wonder if they can lawfully not agree to do my billing, because this would not allow the customer their choice.

Also, from reading earlier forums it seems like I can only direct bill or go through the networks. It sounds like maybe I can not do both. However, if I just use the networks for billing only and do not belong to them then maybe I can direct bill my larger accounts, and keep the fox out of the hen house.

The only reason the networks are good for anything anyway seems to be for billing and putting member of exc. on the sales literature. Maybe after I have been in the business for a while, I could have a lawyer look into the exact letter of the law and find out exactly what the networks can and can not do or tell me to do.

Has anyone looked into the exact letter of the law concerning the networks? Sometimes when I talk to one of their reps it seems like if I don't like what they say, then maybe I can call back and talk to a different rep and then I might like what they say. :roll:

I have faxed and asked the networks for their client lists and a set of instructions on how to send in a claim. The only one that sent me anything was Lynx Services. The rest of them want to keep me growing in the dark. Because of my certification training, I have been successfully useing the networks. Without the training I feel like I would be having a very hard time getting paid for my work. :twisted:

A message for all of the other newbies out there. Make sure you have on your bill the exact date that the damage happened, and also, by whom (usually and best if by unknown truck or vehicle). Furthermore, reference numbers given you by the network rep must be on your invoice.

Robert