Where do you put your toolbox?

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Roo
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Where do you put your toolbox?

Post by Roo »

I have seen several pictures with the toolbox on top of the hood protector on the hood of the vehicle. Do most of you put yours there. I just can't bring myself to do it for fear of scratching/denting the owner's car. I just put mine on the ground, doesn't really bother me at age 36 but I am just thinking ahead to when I get a little older and bending over might hurt a little more.
bullseyemaster

Re: Where do you put your toolbox?

Post by bullseyemaster »

lol this is a funny post is this what i have to worry about when i turn 36. i sure hope not!!! i leave mine in the bed of my s10 that way i only have to do 180S insted of 90's lol. hope this helps. oh and never!!!!!!!! put your tool box on the hood you asking for a claim against you. i dont care who tells you different your just asking for disaster. :mrgreen:
Frank EU

Post by Frank EU »

We never carry it around. Our boxes stay in the back of our service vehicles all the time.
screenman

Post by screenman »

I have wheelie box that contains everything I need including power pack, this always stays on the floor.
t4k

Post by t4k »

I don't use a toolbox, I use a soft sided tool bag that holds all the tools needed to complete the repair.
speedyprowsr

Post by speedyprowsr »

A folding table works great, provided there is room to position it out of way.
Roo

Post by Roo »

bullseyemaster wrote:lol this is a funny post is this what i have to worry about when i turn 36. i sure hope not!!! i leave mine in the bed of my s10 that way i only have to do 180S insted of 90's lol. hope this helps. oh and never!!!!!!!! put your tool box on the hood you asking for a claim against you. i dont care who tells you different your just asking for disaster. :mrgreen:

LOL, don't get me wrong this isn't a problem for me at my current age. Plus, I am so picky about my own auto's that I would never put my toolbox on someone's hood. I just wondered how many people did put it on the customer's hood during the repair. If I saw a technician do that to my car it would be the last repair they performed on my car.
Frank EU

Post by Frank EU »

Roo; after the prize draw in the recent DK newsletter, and the proper answers that were given......it is easy to understand and see why nobody would dare to admit that they were using the car's bonnet to place their tool box on....
Frank EU

Post by Frank EU »

Oops, that was silly....I didn't mean the bonnet, that of course is the back, you should read...; hood.
Thanks Korey for pointing this out to me.....
Dave M

Post by Dave M »

For the last 16 years I've put my toolbox and VP-5000 on the hood of the vehicle and never had a problem. Never! I first put down a 3' x 4' non-skid pad followed by a 3' x 5' black bath towel. I always inform my customer about this and not once have I been told not too. Common sense comes into play here, as not all vehicles should be worked on in this manner.
If you feel that setting your toolbox on the ground or keeping it in your vehicle is the proper way, than that's the proper way for you. No need to change.
Frank Eu,
What do you do with your equipment when the vehicle is in a garage or far away if your box always stays in your truck?