moisture evaporator episode

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
paulrsf
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: moisture evaporator episode

Post by paulrsf »

Hi-
I've experience similar problems on several occasions with crack-outs while using the moisture evaporator to dry out a bulls eye or star break. I realized that the temperature of the windshield before applying hear with the moisture evaporator had everything to do with the results. Now, when I need to heat the break point I make sure, using the car heater/defroster that the temperature of the windshield is at least 80 degrees before I attempt to use the moister evaporator. This has made a big difference and really cut down on crack outs.

Thanks for all the great posts on this topic. Its been a big help.

Paul
Paul R.
SanAntonioWindshield

Post by SanAntonioWindshield »

Yes, I've had several windshields crack out using the moisture evaporator tool. I will not use it anymore. I've made a post about it and I've been doing windshields for 10 years now. I decided to try to use it last month and long and behold again a crack out on an Acura. I just decided I won't use again. It sounds crazy but I require all windshields to be dry for at least 3 hours before even touching the windshield. I have had people at Delta tell me they don't have any problems with it but I do.And nothing's worse than making a windshield repair worse than when you first got it.
kennycrane

Post by kennycrane »

I never work without the moisture evaporator, I have never in 11 years had a crack out because of using it. I would never be without it. Like Brent says, always warm the windshield with the defroster when the glass is cold only takes 2 or 3 minutes. :D
RCRNR

Post by RCRNR »

I barely use my evaporator unless there is visible moisture in the break. I live in Washington state it rains here more than most places I maybe use my evaporator once in every 100 repairs or so. Check the temp on the windshield first for sure. I have had great success in only using it when I see moisture. I have done well over 20k repairs and pretty much a zero fail rate granted I only use Magnibond resin and never try to rush job that first pressure cycle I always do for at LEAST 5 minutes.