Getting Setup With the Networks

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
JWG

Getting Setup With the Networks

Post by JWG »

I just started up a new WSR business. I am looking to get set up with Lynx and SGC. I was going to use ACT for my claims billing, but the cheapest plan is $3 an invoice. I would prefer to EDI the dispatches myself with Lynx and SGC from their website. Are there any other networks that I need to apply to, and also, what is the process of getting set up with the networks? I have searched the posts and haven't found anything concrete to answer my questions.

Do you have to be in business any length of time before getting set up on the networks?

I have a company bank account for EFTs, a fax service to handle the dispatches, and I will have $500k insurance and car magnets this week.

Am I missing anything, here?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

John
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Getting Setup With the Networks

Post by Brent Deines »

John,

Call Mindy at Delta Kits. She has helped hundreds of people get set up with the networks. In addition to Lynx and Safelite you might want to think about Harmon and Quest. There are a few others but they don't do much in our area. Maybe someone else will chime in with other names if they find that in other parts of the country it's worthwhile.

You can submit your claims through the Safelite website, but not Lynx. $3.00 is not bad for those that you do have to send via EDI and ACT does a good job. Depending on your volume you can purchase a software application like Quest which may save you money. We used to recommend eDirectGlass but they have raised their prices and still owe us money from over a year ago so I think there are now better options. We don't give any recommendations these days but currently ACT and Quest seem to be doing the best job according to our customers, and most technicians are now billing Safelite directly through their website as it is free.

Some networks and some insurance companies require a certain amount of experience as Time to Shine will attest to.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
JWG

Post by JWG »

I don't plan on high volume. I have a full time job and will be doing this a few days a week. If I can EDI them myself, I would prefer to do that over using ACT or Quest.
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

I'm no expert in EDI, but unless I am missing something that is the whole point of using ACT, Quest, or other companies. You cannot EDI invoices yourself without the proper technology, which is what these companies provide for you. Safelite (SGC) however, does allow you to submit invoices via their website. This should not be confused with EDI. If all you had to have was a computer to submit invoices via EDI we would all be doing it and companies who provide EDI services would cease to exist. Third party administrators will not accept EDI from just anyone, but only those who have spent the time and money to get established.

I think $3 is pretty reasonable for submitting low volume invoices via EDI, and ACT is very easy to get set up with. There are other services that may allow you to submit invoices for less than $3, but there are generally monthly or annual fees that apply, so you have to do your homework.

I don't get anything from ACT, Quest, or any other company, so I am just offering my opinion based on my own experience and the experience of a large number of customers that I work with on a regular basis. Hopefully someone else will chime in if there is a less expensive (net cost) service available with an equally good reputation.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
JWG

Post by JWG »

I believe there is software you can purchase that is specialized for auto glass repair claims, although what I have seen is not cheap and usually has monthly service charges.

I think I will agree with you, Brent. Just getting started, ACT sure will make it simple to get set up and get PAID, so I will probably go with them for the time being.

I appreciate the honest opinion!
Jbrodie

Post by Jbrodie »

What about going thru DataTranz? They do EDI also.
everest_4

Post by everest_4 »

I did quite a bit of research on this and I personally decided to go with Datatranz because of low costs and simplicity.
Jbrodie

Post by Jbrodie »

I just canceld with act and I'm going with Datatranz not for cost or simplicity I'm going cause I will get more insurance referal work with out a third party invoice. I will be signed up directly to Lynx and safelite they will contact me for windshield repairs than invoice thru EDI. With ACT you get paid in a week after the repair is complete with DataTranz you get paid when the insurance company pays you. Sometimes a few days to a few months sometimes you need to contact them about a repair that you haven't seen money from so thereis a dopwn side to using Datatranz but I can live with that. I know a guy who does repairs in my town and he doesn't use anything he invoices himself. I'm going to see how he does it.