not for sale??????????

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
gt_repair

DesertStars .....

Post by gt_repair »

I just found out that DELTA does not allow us to sell things to help out each other.. But if you wanted to buy from them only, they are fast at taking you money at retail.. I was looking at one of there kits, and when I was to sell my hog II, I was thinking of buying a kit as a back-up when traveling to tournaments so I do not have to bring my whole set-up with me.

Now I will think of another system at a back-up.

I know this is your forum, but I thought you were here to have us help each other.. Boy I was WRONG.

Thanks for deleting my Scratch hog II post....
desertstars

Drill bits and which to use?

Post by desertstars »

Hi, gt.

I've been in the business for nearly 17 years.

I haven't found a forum that beats this.

It would be nice if we could trade and sell equipment through this medium.

But, it would be unrealistic to expect that Delta turn this into a swap-meet rather than deal with our common business and tech issues.

Their basic reason for being is, afterall, to promote their products.

That's not unreasonable nor is it outrageous.

The fact that Delta maintains this forum is a sure indication that they also care about improving our profession for all of us regardless of what type of system we use.

I hope you hang in here, gt. Someone may be able to steer you to a trading post for equipment trade or sale that is not hosted by any supplier.

Hey! Have you read any of my past posts?

I actually said "steer" without going into a tirade!
Coitster
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

drill bits

Post by Coitster »

I agree,
Its natural to get upset when you have a post deleted but I understand why Delta did it. This is there site and I would expect them to try to sell their products.

They have the right to make money and also pay for this site...... please continue to come to this site. They have rules and one of the rules is you can't sell stuff on the site. I for example am going to be making my own marketing system but I realize in advance that I can't market it here.

Take a deep breath, count to 10 and relax. We would sure hate to loose you on the forum. :)

David
Coitster
Glass
ricky reed

Post by ricky reed »

If you wish to sell someting post it on ebay. I understand Delta reason for deleting your post because they are here to make money.

They are also providing us with help in so many ways that many of us wouldn't know what to do.

Don't take this the wrong way but would you want someone to come to your shop (If you have one), or your location when you are repairing windshield and ask your customer to let them make the repair because they have a better price :?:

If you saw a post from someone else selling there product and Delta did nothing then I con understand you case as well. :lol:
ricky reed
You will clearly see the difference!
Delta Kits

Heating windshield

Post by Delta Kits »

GT,

There are a couple of interesting accusations in your post. As I told you in the private message I sent, we do not, and have not ever, allowed used equipment for sale posts. This forum is not your personal flea market, and, like others, I suggest trying ebay, since that is what it is for.
Delta Kits, Inc.
Jeremiahswindshieldrepair

act

Post by Jeremiahswindshieldrepair »

I would certainly not allow that sort of thing on my forum either. there has to be a certain amount of liability in an equipment company having "who knows what" being sold off their website and people sending money and not getting stuff and so forth. Would you really want to get involved if it were your website?

I really do not think that Delta Kits feels threatened even a little bit by a single person trying to sell a far inferior and far pricier system to some poor unfortunate soul. Rather I would think they just need to have a blanket rule that applies to everyone at every time.
CarGlass

Post by CarGlass »

ok ,,, gt... take the hit and move on with bizz but dont leave the forum,, ive been doing replacements and repairs for 21 years and have learned more about repairs in 2 years messing around in here than i have in 10 fiddling around where i work with no good proper repair training,, c ya.. keith ,, The Car Glass Company