FLEET ACCOUNTS

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
ricky reed
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

my own

Post by ricky reed »

Well im moving on up!

I closed two deals with car lot's in Houston, TX and im working on a major company here as well. Is there anyone dealing with companies that have over 300 vehicles or more. :D

This major companies told me 45 days ago that they are setting up the account and so far nothing has happen. I don't dought them or anything it's just when I closed the car lots it took only 2 days and I was in walking to lots making repairs.

The account im spaking of is not a car lot deal and I can't go on the property and walk the lot any time I want to. Has anyone else have or had this problem?

Again this is not a car lot deal.... :roll:
ricky reed
You will clearly see the difference!
DaveC

FLEET ACCOUNTS

Post by DaveC »

My 2 cents ......

Now that I reside in Memphis (Land of FEDEX), I can tell you that (in my experience) some of the major players (like FEDEX) have some very strict requirements for their contracted vendors. FEDEX won't approve ya if you don't have a DUN, as well, they tend to like to bid things out, giving extra weight to Minorty Owned businesses, etc.....

While this may not be the case with your prospective "big" account, certainly you can learn a little lesson from the experience (I learned this one as well, the hard way) :wink:

In my primary business, I normally have to prepare written quotes and bids for my services. A prospective client contacted me during a slow period and I provided a quote/bid with some amazingly excellent pricing (due to the need for work at the time). I thought that I had dotted all of my "i's" and crossed all of my "t's" and left well enough alone and I heard nothing back from the prospect for nearly a year.

Then, while in the midst of five big projects, I receive a check and a "go ahead" from that prospect. Of course, since money was now "rolling in," I didn't really want to take on this project for the quoted price, but I felt morally bound to honor my quote/bid.

Subsequently, any bid/quote I make now has a specified time limit in which I will honor my pricing and the level of commitment to the project. Of course, I don't arbitrarily pick this time limit., I simply ask the prospect when they plan to make a decision and add a few weeks to that date so that both parties don't feel rushed.
ricky reed
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by ricky reed »

What is (DUN)? I never heard of this term. My 3 fleet account only asked me for prof of insurance.

I have tried getting in touch with someone in Fedex here in Houston and no one will give me information.
ricky reed
You will clearly see the difference!
DaveC

Post by DaveC »

A Dun & Bradstreet account number. You can sign up for free at http://www.dnb.com .

As for FEDEX, just go to their website and drill down. You'll finf the details for becoming a vendor listed somewhere:)