Advertising your Buisness on you vehicle

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
the big welshman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Advertising your Buisness on you vehicle

Post by the big welshman »

Hello there , I am just wondering who advertises there windshield Repair buisness on there vehicle ie do you use magnetic signs -lettering- mini wrap or do have no buisness name on your vehicle and does advertising work do you get many calls from advertising on your vehicle???? also what is the $ amount I myself here in mass drive a Honda Element with commercial plates and have magnetic sighns on the doors which are illegal I am thinking of putting a wrap on the rear glass and side windows to try and get more advertising new magnets cost $200.00 a mini wrap approx $300-$400 ???
sunshine wr

Re: Advertising your Buisness on you vehicle

Post by sunshine wr »

Had my car lettered about 4 years ago for around $250.00. Best advertising $$ I ever spent.
Mr Bill

Post by Mr Bill »

I advertise on my truck and my car.
I have magnetic signs on the doors and tailgate of the truck and on the doors of the car ( Miata convertible) . Also vinyl lettering on my truck rear window and car rear bumper.
If you are stopped in traffic at a stop sign or traffic light , it gives people behind you something to read.
People will call on their cell phones and say they are right behind me.
I also wear silk screened tee shirts, and have a craigslist ad and a website.
You cannot have too much advertising. Also it makes you look authentic. Gotta look the part!
GLASSTIME

Post by GLASSTIME »

Its a "Bilboard" on wheels!
All of our vans have them "Vinyl"
Have looked into "Mini-Wrapping" them. If you can get a mini wrap for under $500.00
That is a steal, the cheapest I have been quoted is $800.00 - $1,000

But to stay on topic your making a big mistake not having it.

PS. As a suggestion.... Keep it as simple as possible. Don't put so much on it that people can't read it.
"Sweet & Simple"
Chad E. Clewis
President
GLASSTIME Windshield Repair & Headlight Restoration

"Its What You Put Into It That Counts"
the big welshman

Post by the big welshman »

Hey guys, Thank you for the information I got a mini wrap estimate rear window and side glass for a wrap for approx $300to $400, you do have to make an advert short and to the point I may have to put some lettering and phone # on the body of the vehicle as well it is against the law to have just a buisness name on the glass or magnetic sighns on your vehicle you can get a ticket??? Hey there SCREENMAN in the UK do you have a wrap on your vehicle?????????????????? :roll:
screenman

Post by screenman »

Not quite wrapped but very nearly, I am certainly not going to miss the opportunity to get the message across. I must say though I do not like magnetic signs much, they seem to give the message not quite commited somehow. I am sorry if anyone sees this different it is just my opinion.
Layne

Post by Layne »

Personally I like the magnetic signs. When my Totota was totalled in November of '08, I found it quite easy to remove the signs and place them on my next vehicle.
GlasWeldTech

Post by GlasWeldTech »

Big Welshman
If you are paying $200 for a pair of magnetic signs you are paying $100 to much.
ProView WR

Post by ProView WR »

I have my repair vehicle lettered with Vinyl lettering. I had a friend who worked at a place and was able to get them cut for me gratis, and we applied them ourselves. Turned out very good and I get calls often from it. If we would've paid $200-400 for the lettering, it would've only taken about a week to pay for itself. I'd definitely say go for it...great advertising and you get a long life out of it (as long as your car doesn't get damaged)
Eco Steam

Post by Eco Steam »

I have vinyl lettering on both my truck and trailer, and we have several sets of magnetics for employee vehicles and my wifes car!

WELL WORTH THE INVESTMENT!

Just a word of advice: Shop around when looking for the lettering, wrap, signs, etc...you will be really surprised as to how many different prices you get, that are way cheaper or more expensive than the first quote!

I've used 6 different shops in town since 2005....and I think I just found the one i will always use!