Radio Advertising!?

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
classglassrepair
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Here a chip saver, there a chip saver, in the wrong place :)

Post by classglassrepair »

I just thought I might ask some of you guys and gals if you have ever used radio ads? I have the oppurtunity to run ads on a local popular AM talk radio station for $5 a spot. Since I dont have a location do you think people will remember a telephone number? Id like to hear your experiances and thoughts on this matter.
Thanks

Class Glass Repair
Abilene Texas 8)
Dave M

Radio Advertising!?

Post by Dave M »

At $5 a spot, I'd jump allover that!! I've never done radio ads because I assumed it was much more expensive. Heck, if your phone number isn't remembered ask the radio station to repeat as many times your company name.
Delta Kits

Post by Delta Kits »

I agree, that sounds like a great deal. If you decide to do it, let us know how it goes!

I would recommend doing quite a few of them, so people hear your name for a few days straight, at least.
Delta Kits, Inc.
DaveC

Post by DaveC »

I used to do radio for my restaraunts.

The trick (for me) was to get into "the loop."

Rather than just running a 30 second spot, so many times per day. I had two 30 minute sessions where I was in studio, on-air, ineracting with the hosts of the show, providing cooking tips and the sort.

I managed to wangle these deals by figuring out the first rule of radio DJ's... Bring food and they'll let you in the booth!