which glass repair business is best

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
pirazors

which glass repair business is best

Post by pirazors »

i am thinking of getting into this business but i dont want to waste my money on a fly by night outfit. which company would be best to learn and buy from. also if i start this how do i compete with big well known name companies for jobs thanks
Frank EU
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: which glass repair business is best

Post by Frank EU »

Interesting and good question. It is clever not to invest and than to think, you use the right order, first think, than invest. Unfortunately, you did not leave any details in your members profile here on the board. If you would have done, I could be more specific in my post. For example something about the area you're from. You see, leaving the details will certainly help in getting more and better replies. In this business you can join a franchise, or just start out on your own. It is up to you, both have disadvantages and advantages. You asked about which system to use. You will get many different answers since this is an open forum -thus not system related. We use several systems, we have GW, GM, DK, UB and LR injectors to name a few. And all repairs come out good. I can only suggest not to decide overnight, take your time. It is not a matter of money (ie; the more you pay, the better system you get). You also should get proper training.
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

Who ever you choose, get training and a money back guarantee in writing. I cannot stress that enough. Shop by reputation, not sales pitch, and choose a company that has been around for awhile and is in stable financial condition so you know they will be there to support you in the future.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
revive

Post by revive »

I was in the same position as you about 8 mths ago and plumped for training with Graham aka screenman who is the agent for Delta in the UK and to be HONEST I think I made the best choice.
The kit is well engineered ,compact no compressors etc easy to use (most of the time when not on a ladder doing motorhomes) is reasonably priced and I get good advice from Graham when I need it – I had to pay for the training in the UK which was a wise investment – Ive seen loads of smart repairers on e-bay with esprit kits for sale they ve never used as so called training left them badly prepared and the best thing of all for you in the States is that Brent trains you for nothing!
As regards franchising or going it alone – its all up to you in the final analysis you have to make it work and there are plenty good methods of getting work discussed here on the forum and probably when you get trained
Zander
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

That is a lot like asking which truck is best everyone has their own opinion
Myself I would have to Answer Delta Kits and Liquid Resins I have been at this several years and found these two to be the best to deal with they have always gone the extra mile to earn my business and the operate in a positive manner conducive to helping make this business better rather than some who just seem to want to sell you something regardless of whether you need again my choice s are Liquid Resins and Delta Kits
Good luck in you adventure :D
SGT 2

Post by SGT 2 »

My choice is Delta Kits and there resins, There training is great and FREE, All there equipment is easy to use.

Joe
David T

Post by David T »

If your question is which company offers the best equipment, that can only be answered by taking enough time to explore all the options available. There are numerous "kits" being sold that employ a variety of different methods used to make a repair. Just because some companies sell more complex and expensive "systems" than others, that doesn't mean they are better at making quality repairs. In other words; high cost and great results are NOT mutually inclusive.

No matter which company's products you consider, the education/training and technical support before/during and after you make a purchase is just as important as the quality of the equipment being sold (IMHO). While there is a learning curve that comes with mastering any skill, being trained to do repairs by experienced technicians can significantly flatten and shorten that learning curve.

My choice was Delta Kits. If you have spent any amount of time working with your hands, there can be no mistaking the feeling when you first touch a well designed tool that was made with quality materials (the less plastic, the better). Their staff (Brent, Korey and Wade in my experience) have packed a great deal of learning into a one day training class.

What's more, they offer this class without the obligation of purchasing their equipment. This class provides hands on experience in making windshield repairs (with little or no cost), without having to make a huge investment before you actually acquire some experience in the process.

While there may be other companies as good, considering Delta's products, resins, training and technical support, I doubt there are any better.

David T
GlasWeldTech

Post by GlasWeldTech »

Oh No not again.....I use what my name says.
harrellbenjamin

Post by harrellbenjamin »

You cant go wrong with Delta Kits equipment and Resins.I have also developed a liking for {Name removed by request of manufacturer} resins which work great for me in certain situations with complex damage.All in all if you are new to the business and want to concentrate on quality repairs with out worrying about equipment and products Delta is a sure winner IMHO........
sunshine wr

Post by sunshine wr »

THE ONE I USE !!