New Delta Kits Factory Trained & Certified WSR Technicians

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Kgobin
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: New Delta Kits Factory Trained & Certified WSR Technicians

Post by Kgobin »

On behalf of everyone here at Delta Kits Inc., I would like to sincerely congratulate everyone on their recent accomplishment of becoming a Delta Kits certified windshield repair technicians. Delta Kits hope to provide you with the best products and service for some time to come! Also, pictured above is Candyman (he finally made it out here to Eugene, Oregon) :D

Korey Gobin
Delta Kits, Inc.
t4k
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by t4k »

My guess is that Candyman is in the yellow shirt on the left in the back.
Kgobin

Post by Kgobin »

t4k wrote:My guess is that Candyman is in the yellow shirt on the left in the back.
Wow! You are correct.
Korey Gobin
Delta Kits, Inc.
t4k

Post by t4k »

Just a lucky guess.
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

What a great group we we had this time. Normally we limit our windshield repair training class size to a maximum of 10, but even with 12 technicians of varying skill levels everything went very well according to our trainers. Thanks to all of you who attended!

A special thanks to candyman for the hats and Moon Pies. Sorry I did not get more time to spend with you on Friday. We were one person short in the office and sales were very good that day so Mindy and I kept pretty busy. I did hang around to talk with some of the technicians after class but was told you had a flight to catch and had to get to the airport right after the class was over. Thanks again!
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
candyman

Post by candyman »

The class was great. I made some new contacts in the class and look forward to sharing information with them. Thanks to Bruce, Jonathan, and Korey for a well prepared presentation and instructions on WSR. The class dealt with concerns that I felt was needed for the field. It gave me a better insight on WSR and a chance to interact with others that may have had similar problems. Meeting Mindy was a plus. She has actually guided me on a few of my repairs and is very knowledgeable. Knowing and meeting the person on the opposite end of the computer or phone creates a better bond between the technician and Delta Kits. I needed to tweak a few things and that class did that for me. I know I still have a lot to learn, but I feel more confident today than I did prior to class on Friday. I wish I could have taken that dome home on the plane or my Practice WS. The class dealt with the meat portion of doing WSR and not off the wall information that we would never use. It was simple and straight forward. If someone is sitting on the fence and has Delta kits products this training is worth the trip to Eugene. I hope You enjoyed the moon pies. The Security at RDU ate the banana pies and drank the RC colas. Bruce / Jonathan, if I see Korey this week, I will get him to bring a few items back for you. The flight home was less stressfull than the flight to the west coast. We had snow flurries Sunday and heavy frost this morning. The weather there was great and the country side was breath taking from the air. I hope to see most of you in the not too distant future, at one of the conventions. I will be taking the NWRA exam soon. Thanks for a great class. Also the Hotel & Cab company was very polite and helpfull, when we were rerouted to Portland and Bused back to Eugene due to fog at 4am:
Candyman
Delta Kits Trained & Certified
gmbusguy

Post by gmbusguy »

Hi, I would like to thank everyone at Delta Kits for the great training they provided me. Getting the hands on training and having the experts there to let you know if your repair is of professional quality was worth the trip. The free lunch was a surprise and a bonus as well. I had never done a repair and left confident that I could start today and do a professional job. Many attendees had bought kits ahead of time or were in the business for many years all said they wish they had this training before the learned some bad habits.

I don't think I have ever dealt with a more friendly and professional group of people in my 30 plus years of being entrepreneur. Brent the Owner of Delta Kits spoke with me for over 45 minutes after the all day class to give me some great advise on where to get started on my business plan. Getting into the Windshield Repair Business is something I have contemplated for many years. My wife and I live full time in 1962 (Greyhound in it's previous life) GM4106 Bus converted into a motor home. We travel to many rallies around the West Coast and hope to do windshield repairs and headlight restoration as we travel. I hover over many boards but do not seem to participate. I hope to change that so be patent if I post in wrong category or some other newbie mistake.

David Allen
Newbie Delta Kits Factory Trained & Certified WSR Technician
Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

David,
Welcome to the forum and thank you for the kind words. I'm glad you enjoyed the class and I wish you the best of luck. Remember to always call in if you have any questions as we are happy to help in any way we can.
paulrsf

Post by paulrsf »

Great meeting all of you at the training. Thanks for all the detailed information. Much better than a video! The kit arrived a couple of days ago and I spent most of my time this week obtaining business licenses and permits (California is famous for those). I signed up with several affiliates, including Harmon -who sent me my first referral yesterday. I'm nervous! -Should have taken that practice windshield home with me after all. Last -would someone please grant me access to some of the areas I can't see on the forum.

Thanks again for everything - I'm sure I'll have enough questions to keep me coming back here often.
Regards-
Paul Rothman
Paul R.
Kgobin

Post by Kgobin »

paulrsf wrote: Last -would someone please grant me access to some of the areas I can't see on the forum. Paul Rothman
Paulsf it was great meeting you and I hope that the repair turns out good for your customer. Just take your time and everything should be fine. Also, we have some practice glass for sale if you ever need some. In regards to being granted more access on the forum, Forum members will not have full use of all board features until "after" they have posted a minimum of 10 posts. Features that you will not be able to use until you have a minimum of 10 posts include, but are not limited to, private messaging, e-mailing, posting photos, and viewing photos. This helps avoid spam on the board and protects the privacy of windshield repair forum members.
Korey Gobin
Delta Kits, Inc.