brillo bad scratches

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
bboy1234

brillo bad scratches

Post by bboy1234 »

Ok I am just a average fellow who cleaned a windshield with a green kitchen pad. I now have many scratch in my windshield. They seem superficial is there any way to have them repaired? This is on a mecedes ml350.
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: brillo bad scratches

Post by screenman »

Sorry to say this but I would say a replacement is due.
33,000 + screen repairs over 18 years and still learning.
Over
t4k

Post by t4k »

bboy1234;32368 wrote:Ok I am just a average fellow who cleaned a windshield with a green kitchen pad. I now have many scratch in my windshield. They seem superficial is there any way to have them repaired? This is on a mecedes ml350.

Were you trying to remove bugs?
LGM

Post by LGM »

bboy1234;32368 wrote:Ok I am just a average fellow who cleaned a windshield with a green kitchen pad. I now have many scratch in my windshield. They seem superficial is there any way to have them repaired? This is on a mecedes ml350.

These scratches can be repaired but, there aren't many people that have the equipment to do scratch repair on glass. If you let us know where you are, maybe someone on these boards will be in your area and can help you out.
bboy1234

Post by bboy1234 »

LGM;32376 wrote:These scratches can be repaired but, there aren't many people that have the equipment to do scratch repair on glass. If you let us know where you are, maybe someone on these boards will be in your area and can help you out.
I live in joplin mo I would be whiling to travel to get these fixed. I was removing pine tree sap. I only see the scratches when the sun hits the windshield at the right angle.
t4k

Post by t4k »

Next time try using a single edged razor blade and some car wash liquid. Apply the car wash liquid like shaving cream to the windshield and "shave" your windshield. It works like a champ and the liquid prevents scratching the glass.
maxryde

Post by maxryde »

Orrrrr you can use cooking oil on sap!! Thats right cooking oil, it breaks down the sap and a soft cloth is all u need. Then u do have to clean off the oil of coarse. Old loggers trick!!
My best mentor one said " be fair with your priceing but never too low, be honest with your customer/competition, when the day is done be sure you have done "good works", and always leave something of value on the barganing table!!

While my friend and trainer/ mentor Ray has moved on, his words live.
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

If they are as fine as you say the 3m hook it system is avail in a consumer version at advance auto parts and others.
Its labeled with a nascar logo use the orange pad and the compound they supply with a cordless drill the kit is about $20
bboy1234

Post by bboy1234 »

GlassStarz;32387 wrote:If they are as fine as you say the 3m hook it system is avail in a consumer version at advance auto parts and others.
Its labeled with a nascar logo use the orange pad and the compound they supply with a cordless drill the kit is about $20

Thanks for the info!! I will check out the kit. I was hoping to find a professional to do the job for me. I will try stopping in at some local windshield shops.
sunshine wr

Post by sunshine wr »

What kind of car is it ?