brillo bad scratches

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
t4k
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: brillo bad scratches

Post by t4k »

sunshine wr;32391 wrote:What kind of car is it ?
See post #1.
sunshine wr

Post by sunshine wr »

oops !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bboy1234

Post by bboy1234 »

sunshine wr;32391 wrote:What kind of car is it ?
2007 mercedes benz ml350
stjric

Post by stjric »

hi - know this is a very old thread, but stupidly did the same myself and found this when i was searching around for a solution. did you find a diy treatment that sorted your issue or did you end up getting the screen replaced?
usmc68
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by usmc68 »

http://www.ipsglass.com
Give Dave a call to see if he has anyone in your area. I used to do scratch removal and his system does a great job.
DryStar

Post by DryStar »

stjric wrote:hi - know this is a very old thread, but stupidly did the same myself and found this when i was searching around for a solution. did you find a diy treatment that sorted your issue or did you end up getting the screen replaced?
If these are very light scratches, cerium oxide with a buffing pad on your drill will work. I believe Delta carries these products.

On deeper scratches you would have to locate a professional that does this type of work. Cost of repair vs cost of replacement is the main issue. Might be cheaper to replace. Good luck!
jonnyques

Post by jonnyques »

I would say to ask at some of your local dealers, if they use someone who buffs out scratches in glass. I use the IPS system and take out wiper scratches (much larger) than what your describing. If anyone in your area is doing it, the dealers will know.
chip1

Post by chip1 »

hi

as stated above there is good chance this can be rectified by a proffesional depending on how severe the scratches are.