which brand to buy

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
everest_4
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

which brand to buy

Post by everest_4 »

Hi, first post here.
I'm just getting ready to buy my windshield repair tools to start a part time business and am wondering what brand to buy, I've narrowed it down to Glasweld or Delta kits. The Glasweld kits are much more expensive and am wondering if they are worth the extra money? Are the repairs that much higher in quality?
Also if there are any other technicians on here from PA please let me know. Thanks.
Brent Deines

Re: which brand to buy

Post by Brent Deines »

Welcome to the Windshield Repair Forum everest_4. Brian Fenner, SGT on the forum, is from your neck in the woods and offers excellent training at a reasonable price. You need 10 posts under your belt before you can send or receive private messages, but if you would like I can send you his contact info.

Their is no obligation to buy anything if Safe Glass Technologies trains you, so you will still have the opportunity to choose whatever system you like.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
jayjacque

Post by jayjacque »

Well, you're on a Delta forum, so we might be just a bit biased. But I can tell you honestly you won't go wrong with Delta equipment. As far as I'm concerned it is high quality without a doubt. I've not used Glasweld except for a resin sample I think, but I'm sure they also are quality because they also are spoken well of, but like you said more expensive. I doubt very seriously you will get any better results than Delta's $288 bridge/injector.
nixquax

Post by nixquax »

Welcome to the WSR bizniz everest 4. Delta equipment is good stuff. There is such a wide range of equipment you can buy..from a old school $200 kit to a high tech one that cost $3500.00 Somewhere in the middle of those two ranges is where I would shoot for money wise. Look on line and you will see so many options it is hard to choose. Saying all that...you cannot do wrong choosing Deltas equipment. The only things I've had trouble with are the plastic pump cylinder and the charger that charges the lamp. Good Luck.
LGM

Post by LGM »

Hello Everest 4. I've never used Delta but, have been using Glasweld for 2 years now. The people that use Delta seem to really like them. One of my competitors used to use Delta and switched to a computerized system and is now switching to Glasweld. He liked Delta but, thought the "high-tech" angle would be better... it wasn't and he's now trying to get $1500.00 out of a machine he paid almost $4000 for only a year ago!! He's been renting one of my glasweld kits for about a month and has decided to go that route - says he's doing the best repairs he's ever done...

I personally, LOVE my Glasweld kit. It isn't cheap but, I've never had any problems and I would put the quality of the tools and repairs up against any that I've ever seen...
screenman

Post by screenman »

Before I switched to Delta I carried high quality repairs for 15 years using plastic injectors, so do you need to spend big bucks to do quality repairs? no. Certainly though quality training is where you want to be, save your money buy Delta and some good training, you will not regret it.
33,000 + screen repairs over 18 years and still learning.
Over
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

im sure brent could charge you more if that would make you feel you were buying the best?
everest_4

Post by everest_4 »

.....so it's not really true that any other higher priced brand of equipment will do better repairs than Delta?:eusa_doh:
screenman

Post by screenman »

It is definately not true.
33,000 + screen repairs over 18 years and still learning.
Over
Delta Kits

Post by Delta Kits »

Come have a look at our trade in pile. Many brand new systems costing far more than ours, some of them brand new. Before you ask, no we do not sell competitor's equipment, but the pile continues to grow daily.

Seriously though, if you can't decide, buy several systems, try them for 30 days and send back the ones you don't like. Just be very sure you get a written money back guarantee from each vendor. A while back someone got on the forum who had purchased an expensive kit and didn't read the fine print. When he tried to return the equipment he was told he could not.

Training here is free, and there is no obligation to buy, so that's a good place to start. Regardless of the system you purchase you will get far more out of it if you get properly trained.
Delta Kits, Inc.