REPAIRS

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Anonymous

Re: small black cresent

Post by Anonymous »

I AM ABOUT TO START DOING REPAIRS ON MY OWN. IF I WANT TO DO INSURANCE WORK DO I HAVE TO GO WITH LYNX SERVICES. ISTHERE ANY OTHER WAY. PLEASE LET ME KNOW. CAN YOU CALL IN THE JOB AND LET THEM SEND THE BILL TO THE PERSON CAR YOU REPAIRED AND HAVE THE CUSTOMER SIGN A PAPER SAYING THEY WILL MAIL YOU THE CHECK THEY WILL GET IN THE MAIL FOR THERE INSURANCE. YOU WILL ALSO GIVE THEM A STAMP AND SOMETHING TO PUT THE CHECK IN .OR IS THERE AN EASYER WAY PLEASE HELP ME OUT. REASON I AM ASKING IS I READ OVER LYNX AND SAID YOU HAVE TO HAVE YOU DOORS OPEN FOR A YEAR OR 2. PLEASE!!! PLEASE!!!! HELP ME THANK YOU, SHANE
Anonymous

REPAIRS

Post by Anonymous »

First, Flex, welcome to windshield repair, and to the forums. I believe the Lynxx stipulation of being in business for a prescribed length of time pertains to replacement shops, not repair (someone else please comment if I am not correct). As for getting paid, there are a number of ways to accomplish this.
!. Do the repair and have the client pay you up front and then they can recover from their insurance. The good thing about this is that you get your money right away, but while it is a good thing for you, its not really good customer service. If you do this, at least carry a supply of envelopes and stamps with you, so you can address and mail them for the client.

2. Call the toll free claims number on the insured's insurance card and initiate the claim. They will confirm coverage and authorize the repair. Then you will be faxed a form to submit with your invoice. (If you're not set up for faxes, you can probably find a place that sends and receives faxes for a fee... Mail Boxes Etc will do that; I used to receive faxes at my local credit union before I got my own machine)

3. Call the insured's AGENT, have the coverage confirmed, get a claim number and submit the invoice directly the agent. This is not always the smoothest approach. I have had it happen that the check is sent to the client rather than me, but with both our names on it.

You do not want to leave the client without being paid, or at least the assurance of being paid by the insurance company. Having the check sent to the client, with them promising to turn the check over to you once they get it... unless your name is also on the check... this is really risky.

You might look into ACT as a temporary measure until you get a handle on the in's and out's of working with insurance companies, and the paperwork involved. I dont recommend it long-term, but it can be a big help to you as you are just getting started.

I wish you success with this. Grace