Small black cresents left in bulls eye?

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Anonymous

Re: Statement

Post by Anonymous »

I've been occasionally getting a small area left after repairing a bulls eye that looks like a small fairly thin black line ... I believe its a pocket without resin? Anyone............
Anonymous

Small black cresents left in bulls eye?

Post by Anonymous »

HEY SOME TIMES THAT BLACK LINE MAY BE DIRT THAT GOT INSIDE THE BULL EYE WHILE HE/SHE WHERE GOING DOWN THE STREET. IT LOOKS LIKE YOU MISSED A SPOT BUT THAT IS JUST ALITTLE DIRT. HOPE I COULD HELP.SHANE
Anonymous

Re: Small black cresents left in bulls eye?

Post by Anonymous »

It could be dirt, but more than likely, it is an area where air was not completely exchanged for resin. You are sure you have done a good job...but when you remove the injector to add the pit filler and cure... there is that annoying area! When I am doing bullseyes, before the final finish, I go to vacuum, slide the injector off, and if there is any such spot, I slide it back into place, go to pressure, and cure under pressure before removing the injector. Yes, this does prolong the time of the repair, but the finished result is far better. Remember, too, that we tend to be our own worst critics. Most clients are very pleased with the results, since the visable damage is greatly reduced.
Anonymous

small black cresent

Post by Anonymous »

Hi, thank you for your replies..
These black crescent type areas also occur outside the bullseye as if there was a separate pocket just outside the ring area... Its something that when I first look at the damage it looks as though it would be filled from the same opening in the glass that I place the injector. At what point would you decide to leave the blemish verse drill to fill the pocket (assuming it is a pocket as I would agree in this case) Also do you seem to get allot of bulls-eye breaks that you have to re drill to fill an outer ring/pocket or fracture line? Thanks Blane