bullseyes

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Anonymous

Re: Delta,why did you delete my post?

Post by Anonymous »

How do I make a bullseye at the end of a crack?
Anonymous

bullseyes

Post by Anonymous »

to make a bullseye at the end of a crack I usually go 1/8-1/4 of an inch past the crack and with my drill I drill about 1/4th of the length of my burr and then use a sewing needle and a little piece of plexiglass to tap the back of the needle in the hole. WARNING!!!!!! IF YOU DRILL TO FAR YOU MAY ALMOST REACH THE PLASTIC IN THE CENTER OR THE WINDSHIELD AT WHICH TIME I WOULD SAY THE WINDSHIELD IS A GONNER. Good luck and I hope this helps. Practice this technique before trying it on a customers vehicle.
Anonymous

mini bullseye

Post by Anonymous »

Thanks gafwsr - that did the trick!
Anonymous

Re: mini bullseye

Post by Anonymous »

You will find you get consistantly good results if you use a fresh drill bit for this procedure. Dull bits tend to 'chatter' more and require longer drilling time, both of which create vibrations that can cause the crack to travel before you finish drilling. Also you will want to be very careful to apply as little pressure as possible when driling... let the drill do the work... as excess pressure also can cause the crack to run.