bubbles in drill holes

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Anonymous

crack resin

Post by Anonymous »

Can anybody give me any ideas as to how to get rid of these bubbles. It is so disappointing to do a perfect repair, only to have a bubble come out of no where when curing with the pit resin and not be perfect.
Anonymous

bubbles in drill holes

Post by Anonymous »

try using a straight pin to work the bubbles out of the pit resin prior to curing.
Anonymous

Re: bubbles in drill holes

Post by Anonymous »

Try keeping your pit resin container upside down at all times including storing.

Pay it foward,

Brian
www.safeglasstechnologies.com

[email]"info@safeglasstechnologies.com"[/email][/email]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Avoid shaking your pit fill resin, as this can also cause bubbles in it.
Anonymous

re: bubbles in drill holes

Post by Anonymous »

I do tip the pit resin upside down in the winter, but in the summer with the resin warming up in the bottle, when I unscrew the cap after being upside down, it oozes out and makes a mess, not to mention losing resin. I don't have to even squeze the bottle and it spill out

Where do you get your pit resin from?
Thank for your input
rp
Anonymous

bubbles in drill holes:befenne

Post by Anonymous »

Delta Kits Resins Only. When you actually use the resin the bottle does not actually have to be upside down. You can hold it on an angle. Just return the bottle to an upside down position. Also don't keep your resins in direct sunlight and keep them coverd. This might help somewhat with the oozing.

Pay it foward,

Brian

Anonymous

Re: bubbles in drill holes:befenne

Post by Anonymous »

Do you cure with a lamp or with sunlight?

"education is power"
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Most of the time I cure with sunlight. Whenever I can anyway
Anonymous

bubbles in drill holes

Post by Anonymous »

I use a UV lamp.

Pay it foward,

Brian

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Ok.. I've seen a couple of responses that are ok.. But, how about:
A: Use less injector head pressure against the glass. (Do not overtighten injector to windshield) You only need it to seal. Overtightening and curing can cause the shot to actual suck in air after the injector is removed and the windshield tries to regain its natural plane..
B: Use a smaller drill bit. Jan-Vil sells some that are about half the size of others marketed. The results are a less obtrusive drill hole. A less visible repair. And the smaller the hole, the less chance of air re-accumilating in it.