anyone in Mississippi?

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Emagdnim222

anyone in Mississippi?

Post by Emagdnim222 »

Hey, im new to wsr. I was just wondering if there was anyone from or near mississippi on this forum.
GlasWeldTech
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: anyone in Mississippi?

Post by GlasWeldTech »

I am in Louisiana.
Emagdnim222

Post by Emagdnim222 »

where at in louisiana are u located. Im in jackson Miss. But im from Shreveport
Emagdnim222

Post by Emagdnim222 »

o i see that you are from west monroe not far at all from me. If im ever around there maybe we could meet up and you could give me a few pointers if you wouldnt mind.
Windshield Guy

Post by Windshield Guy »

I am sure the business is better in LA GWT? :eusa_thin Whats it like doing wsr where your at? At least the business would be more of a year round thing cause of the great weather you guys have out there. WSRepair goes belly up during the long dreary winters in Canada, during Dec - April or even longer... so you have to work during those summer months to cover off the winter.
Emagdnim222

Post by Emagdnim222 »

yeah the weather around here is great except for all the humidity. But during the winter it rarely gets below 40*. I am new to the wsr business so i have not done too many jobs but i am sure that it will be much better year round than somewhere up north espicially canada.
Windshield Guy

Post by Windshield Guy »

Emagdnim222 wrote:yeah the weather around here is great except for all the humidity. But during the winter it rarely gets below 40*. I am new to the wsr business so i have not done too many jobs but i am sure that it will be much better year round than somewhere up north espicially canada.

40?!!! I'm in the wrong country!! So are you gonna start wsr? From what I know, its very easy ... Personally, I had watched videos and learnt it ... then practiced on a windshield that I got a hold of from a junk yard -- but as they say practice makes perfect so its a learning curve. One tip tho -- research your field, dont go into information overload which leads to info paralysis -- practice is the best way to go. From my experience being in a location (like a well known hardware store) gives you a degree of credability here and ppl are more liable to visit your location. Get to know your customer and as they say, word of mouth is the best advertisement. This board has been so far the best source of information I can find to learn more about wsr besides the National Glass Assocation site. All the best!
Emagdnim222

Post by Emagdnim222 »

yea, i am going to start wsr.. i have been practicing on a piece of windshield that i have and am getting better and better at it each time i fix one. thanks for the advice..
Windshield Guy

Post by Windshield Guy »

Emagdnim222 wrote:yea, i am going to start wsr.. i have been practicing on a piece of windshield that i have and am getting better and better at it each time i fix one. thanks for the advice..
Good for you Emadgnim --wish you the best in wsr , from what i know if you work hard at this business in the right location, it will work. So Glass weld tech whats the way to go over there ? :eusa_thin A location in a store parking lot, auto repair shop or near a gas station? Does mobile repair make any real money? IMO, it doesnt seem like mobile can make money if you havent got a good rep to work with in the first place -- what have ppl got to rely on besides a name? To rely on the rep of a franchise doesnt seem like a good idea either when you can start up for less than a grand with your essentials. A location and practical knowledge seems to work in Canada.
Tbone
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Tbone »

hey emagdnim222
i'm in north jackson
pm me if you need help
Born to be a W/S repairman.