Why I joined the NWRA

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
fxstdi

Re: Why I joined the NWRA

Post by fxstdi »

Blind,
I am trying to say this nicely, but were you ever new to this business? You must not have done too much damage to the goose, because it's still laying eggs. I am new to this. I probably don't have enough experience to join the NWRA. I guess I am concerned that joining an organization that may share your same view might be more of a detriment. Among other things regulation has a tendency to infringe on others entrepreneurial spirit. The point I am trying to make is, the beginners and inexperienced, through trial and error are probably more responsible for where this industry is today. Competition is a good thing.

Thanks
Ben
the big welshman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by the big welshman »

I have been a member of NWRA for a few years .And I have attend two seminers both in Florida .For anybody who is starting up, it is a way of meeting other windshield people owner technicians and repair manufacturing companys it is a learning process tele- marketing, I think at the last count there is aprox 300+ members and it is away of finding out what is happening in the repair buisness around the USA and all over the world .---Put it this way what has happened in CT & Texas maybe your state will be next and who will you turn to, if that happens?????????? A $150.00 joining fee how many repairs is that 3 or 4
gold star wsr

Post by gold star wsr »

The smart insurance companies will be offering glass policies as an add on or "up-sell" to their basic coverages. Farmer's already offers one to their clients with more than $150 deductible. Maybe this is the time to start weaning our clients off insurance and have them pay up front instead? It has been my experience that those who want the windshield repaired will do so at any cost; those who dont see the importance of repair arent even interested if its "free", and only have regret when it cracks beyond help and needs to be replaced. We dont have to go out of business if insurance stops paying, we just need to market ourselves more effectively.
ruffburr

Post by ruffburr »

once again i say that the best thing that can happen to wsr as a whole is if the ins.co's make glass a owner responsabilty issue being as most people would much rather pay 35-50 bucks for a repair than $250-$500 for a windshield. I also am a nwra member and have taken the time to become nga/nwra certified i'm in my second year of this business and growing,personaly i would hope that everyone in this business would take the time to become certified as that would help insure that the customer would get the best repair possiable. Take pride in your work and take the time to do it right and then stand behind all the work you do! Here is the Guarantee i give to all my customers : The Wizard
code3wsr

Post by code3wsr »

gold star wsr wrote: It has been my experience that those who want the windshield repaired will do so at any cost; those who dont see the importance of repair arent even interested if its "free", and only have regret when it cracks beyond help and needs to be replaced.
I have not been in business as long as most of you on here, but I agree with that statement. This story is kind of oppisite of your statement but it shows people will make up their own minds no matter what the ins. co's do.

A couple of days ago, Tuesday I think, a man stopped in to see if I could repair his WS. He had a good sized combo break, I told him yes I could fix it. He then said " When you're done it will be invisible right?" I explained to him that the main reason to repair was to stop the damage from spreading and the repair would be 80 - 95 % better looking than it is now. He told me " If I can still see it at all then it's not worth it, I'll just get a new WS. " I gave him my best repair vs replace speach but he had his mind made up.

People will do what they want regardless of what is covered. He would rather pay for a new WS or pay his deductable than have a repair done.
GlassStarz
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by GlassStarz »

some people demand perfection in thier everyday life. the smallest door ding and it has to go to the body shop basicly these people are single and complain about evrything they are nuts so i pay little attention to them