Anyone used

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
JiveTalkinSmitch
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Anyone used <snip>

Post by JiveTalkinSmitch »

Saw this on the web and thought it looked like a lot of hype. The machine is a God awful looking monstrosity (hope it never falls off a windshield, it would probably put a huge dent in the car). Anyway, I was wondering if there's any real science behind this thing, since they claim that the contraption reduces repair time to 5 minutes. Also, would it create a stronger repair if all the air and moisture were evacuated and the resin was injected under a vacuum (as they claim)??? Thanks for any observations.
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

Why build a better moustrap? And more importantly can you? Idont believe it
The machines are a bunch of hype if you ask me
gold star wsr

Post by gold star wsr »

I went to their website, and what I saw did not impress me. This is just my own opinions of those manual pump things: Unless you have good gripping strenghth in your hands, they are difficult to use. In addition, they make you vulnerable to repetive motion injury which can put you out of business until you heal...then you go back and injure yourself all over again! Their price didnt look like any bargain to me, either.
JiveTalkinSmitch

Good insights, I never thought about the manual pump issues. What about the vacuum created by evacuating the air? Is this just hype, or would it actually help make a faster and/or stronger repair?
autocosmetics

Post by autocosmetics »

I recently bought and love it! I also have Glas-Weld. I've had more problems with the Glas-Weld injector suction cups coming loose, I always worry about putting a dent in someone's vehicle. There's no threat of coming loose once you attach it to the glass. It sets up quick, and it does repairs faster and easier than any other equipment I've tried. You only use the vacuum at the beginning of the repair, then inject your resin. I was really pleased how it fills long legs of star breaks. It really is everything the company claims it to be. I'm now using it exclusively and will probably end up selling my Glas-Weld equipment.
jayw

Post by jayw »

I bought the late last year and hated it!

I had been using Delta's system, but the owner guy said it was WAY better than Delta's, so i figured i would give it a shot. I couldn't repair half the breaks with that system taht i could with Delta's. It left air in bulls-eyes, and legs in stars unfilled especially.

I tried to return it, and that's when the problems started. It seems that they will only be nice to you when you are buying, not when you are returning. The owners were very rude, and didnot want to give me my money back!

Like Glasstarz says, the machines are a bunch of hype, and the owners are snake oil salesmen.

jayw
autocosmetics

Post by autocosmetics »

jayw, sorry to hear about your problems with . I never had any problems with mine, it's the only equipment I'm using now. It seemed to work for me exactly as advertised, and I had much better luck than anything else on long legs of star breaks.
Did you order directly from ? I talked to them several times before buying, and only bought because they have a satisfaction guarantee or your money back. I would think they'd have to honor that if you're not satisfied. Not many companies offer that kind of guarantee. If they did, I wouldn't have sold my brand new Eliminator for $2000 on ebay after paying almost $5000 for it! :shock:
jayw

Post by jayw »

autocometics,

I decided to try it for the same reasons! They said it worked so much better, but not to believe, them, try it and see, so i did. When I told them i liked my Delta much better, they accused me of buying it so i could repair my own windshield or something. I told him i had been using my Delta for years, so obviously i didn't need his just to fix my windshield. I coudln't believe how rude they were being. I finally told them i was goin to do a chargeback on my credti card, and they decided to accept my return.

I am glad you had good luck with yours, but i don't do business with companys like that.

jayw
JiveTalkinSmitch

While we're on the topic of machine based repair systems, what are your thoughts on other systems. I ask because I have someone who wants to sell me a couple of super glass's systems, which he claims works better because you can get 20 to 40 lbs of vacuum/pressure. I know most people who post here subscribe to the KISS principle and like the non machine systems; I am just curious if there is ANY benefit to this (even minor). He claims that it helps fill star legs easier among other benefits. Any thoughts?
JiveTalkinSmitch

Also I should mention that he claims it ( the high levels of pressure that the superglass system can achieve) makes old breaks that may be contaminated easier to repair. Any truth to this.