Any Recommendations for Pit Repair in San Diego?

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
FUZCO
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Any Recommendations for Pit Repair in San Diego?

Post by FUZCO »

Hi all!

I just got a few small pits repaired for cosmetic reasons. The tech was highly recommended to me by my detailer. Long story short, the repair is invisible on the outside but from inside the car you can see cloudy spots the size of a small pupil. It seems more of an annoyance now than before. He took about 25 minutes. I did put a piece of tape over the chips just after they happened to avoid contamination.

Is it normal for repairs to leave a cloudy spot or am I being cynical? What can be reasonably expected from a good repair?

Thank you!!!

I will post pictures tomorrow.

This technician is a
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Any Recommendations for Pit Repair in San Diego?

Post by screenman »

I would never sell a repair as being invisible, once we see the photo we can give a more accurate answer.
RCRNR
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: Any Recommendations for Pit Repair in San Diego?

Post by RCRNR »

I do surface pit repairs for free they only take a few minutes. Here is my process i use a drop of magnibond first let it get into the pit for a few seconds then apply 1 drop if pit filler cure normally. The magnibond first really cleans it up a lot to almost invisible. Then I give the customer my business card with Chip Saver on it and let them know how to apply the Chip Saver for future chips This little thing has brought me not only them customers WHEN they get a chip but also referrals of their friends or nice reddit posts etc.