Rising prices

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Dave M
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Rising prices

Post by Dave M »

Hey everyone,
Due to increasing costs of "everything" I am increasing my repair price. I have not increased my prices for 8 years. I'm thinking of an across the board $10 increase (retail, dealerships and rentals) What I'm questioning is the rental agencies increase. If I may be so bold, what are you fellow men/women charging for your rental accounts. Please, PM me to keep answers confidential. Thanks!
NMChipTech
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: Rising prices

Post by NMChipTech »

Now would be the time to increase your pricing. Goods and services are increasing everyday. I have increased mine by $20 and I never thought I would ever get what I am charging now in my area. Since the invention of the ADAS systems consumers are looking for a more affordable solution to windshield replacements. I have heard some installers speak of glass shortages too in the U.S. due to supply chain issues. Long crack repair, if you are not doing it yet, may be a something you may want to offer too.
Dave M

Post by Dave M »

Just a follow up to my previous post. I did increase my price across the board and no body even blinked an eye!
screenman

Post by screenman »

The barrier to raising repair prices often lies within the technician's head and not the customers, I cannot even remember when one of my repair customers even asked me for a price.