Insurance Job/Marketing

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
abadjam
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Insurance Job/Marketing

Post by abadjam »

I'm new to WSR, but, not business in general. What is the best way to get on the call list for insurance companies?

My girlfriend / co owner called about 6 major insurance companies. They either have no ideal or say they will call you back (never do).

Any basic ideals? Any major WSR site to join?

I'm already on the Windshield referral site from Delta, just wondering about others.

Tim
A Bad Jam Roadside Assistance LLC
877-LANE SOS
Tim
A Bad Jam "Roadside Assistance" LLC
www.abadjamroadside.com
877-LANE SOS
RCRNR

Re: Insurance Job/Marketing

Post by RCRNR »

I am not sure what your question is but when I started I signed up for the TPAs (Deltas site has the details on how to get set up with the TPAs). Since SGC purchased HSG I don't get any referrals if that is what you are looking for ? Depending on what model you are using will determine how you must market your business. Lots of people on this don't like the way I do it but it works great and my customers love the service I provide. I do a tent at the mall model and mainly fix retail only customers which I love being I meet and am able to talk to new people daily. Some here like the fleet approach I do have several fleets and may have picked up a new one yesterday ( I personally don't like them as much I show up do 3-7 cars talk to no one then come in the next morning go in and bill them.) There is two different marketing approaches depending on which way you decide to go. On fleets they come to me every time being I don't really do that for income so much. I use the FREE approach at the tent trust me it works great the longer you do it the busier you become COVID has slowed me down some but even with COVID being all I do is repairs its not a bad income.
insurance sgc owed.jpg
insurance sgc owed.jpg (18.47 KiB) Viewed 2345 times
slower than usual but still good this month only
RCRNR

Post by RCRNR »

That is what SGC owes me
abadjam

Post by abadjam »

Thank You. Thats what I was needing to know.

Side note; Seeing that WSR is a pretty big field. Does the insurance companies,TPA,Safelite,etc use digit dispatching service?? Reason I'm asking is: I also do roadside service and use dispatching service. When a call comes in your area, you either accept it or not. This is not to replace any tent set up's or your current business, it's just another way to do business.

I might be way off base on this or maybe the WSR industry hasn't crossed that bridge yet. Just a thought.
Tim
www.abadjamroadside.com
877-LANE SOS
RCRNR

Post by RCRNR »

I only get dispatches seldom from Gerber mainly their commercial accounts must find customers on your own. Easy way to grow customers is do every job right don't cut corners. Each day I have at least one returning customer being they like the work I do and enjoy the conversation. the longer you do the more of a base you build. I am pretty confident that 99.9 percent of my customers will only do business with me after 1 st repair.btw the .1 are usually out of state customers. Watch the videos on Deltas site more then once I personally never go under recommended times for pressure and vacuum cycles if anything I do them longer. Today I worked for 6 hours and did 12 windshields 4 cash 8 insurance. takes me about 30 minutes on each customer. And made 12 new friends.
abadjam

Post by abadjam »

Thanks for the reply. I did a small chip repair on my girlfriend car. It somehow turned into a 4 in crack. I'm glad it was her beat up car and not a customer.

How would any one deal with that situation?
Tim
www.abadjamroadside.com
877-LANE SOS
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Brent Deines »

We haven't had that problem for awhile now but a couple of years ago Eugene Windshield Repair had several Prius windshields that wanted to run the minute you touched them. Made all of us a little gun shy for awhile.

We explain to every customer that the windshield was broken to start with so if it runs when we are attempting the repair the only thing we can do is not charge for it. Most of the time when a star or combination starts to run we are able to drill a hole at the end and get it stopped, but we have had cases where as soon as we touched the drill to the glass it ran further so we ended up chasing it clear across the windshield. We have a satisfaction guarantee so whether we get it stopped or not the customer does not have to pay unless both the technician and customer agree that it was a successful repair.

Most cracks can be successfully filled and made to look better than they looked prior to filling, however that does not mean they are invisible or that the customer is happy when their windshield cracks out while a repair is being attempted. No matter what they say or sign prior to attempting the repair some customers get pretty upset if the crack is longer after completed than it was before it was repaired, even if it is successfully stopped and filled. It sucks for them and it sucks for us as we strive to make every customer happy.

It doesn't happen often but it does happen so you need to have a plan in place to deal with a potentially unhappy customer. In our case we calmly and politely remind the customer that prior to attempting the repair they signed an acknowledgement stating that the glass was already damaged and there was a possibility the damage could get worse. We also make sure that the customer understands that we did not charge for the service and we did not bill the insurance company because they were not satisfied with the final result.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
abadjam

Post by abadjam »

Excellent advice about the waiver.
Tim
www.abadjamroadside.com
877-LANE SOS