Fleet Account Pricing Platform

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Successteamnva
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Fleet Account Pricing Platform

Post by Successteamnva »

I am planning to search out fleet accounts and my question is this: What system do you use for your feet accounts that give you regular work. Do you offer discount prices and do you bill them monthly or day by day? What pricing do you offer? Thanks.
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Fleet Account Pricing Platform

Post by Brent Deines »

I've always offered net 30 terms but some accounts prefer to pay by credit card. Pricing should be based on volume, so if a fleet owner/manager expects me to drop everything to drive to their location and do a repair they pay retail, but if they will allow me to inspect their fleet once a week or once a month and fix every damage I find I'll offer a discount. How much of a discount depends on how large the fleet is and how many repairs per week I can do on average. At one time I offered a single fleet price but I think basing your pricing on volume and travel time makes a lot more sense. Of course what the competition charges in your market also has to be taken into consideration.

You should always try and figure out what the lifetime value of a customer is. A customer who has you repair one rock chip a month is better than a customer you may never see again, but not as valuable as one who has you repair 5 rock chips a month. How long you can keep the customer is also part of the equation. If you google Lifetime Value of a customer you will come up with all kinds of examples. Here is one: https://clevertap.com/blog/customer-lifetime-value/
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
RCRNR
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: Fleet Account Pricing Platform

Post by RCRNR »

I make my Fleets pay at the time of service or day after by Credit Card, get their resale number if it is a car lot so no tax will have to be added. In my bookkeeping program I just enter them in separate and add the resale number next to the name.