Insurance Multiple CHips

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
RCRNR
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Insurance Multiple CHips

Post by RCRNR »

I have always when filing a Safelite or any other claim on 2-3 chip repairs just given the Insurance the date of the newest chip and just get paid for the first. I would get paid for one and do others free. As of late Safelite has been asking customers dates when all chips happened then giving me two to three referrals for the same windshield. They told me and the customer yesterday when I confronted them it only counts as one claim on a multi claim. She said I have been doing this wrong. I don't mind getting paid for all the chips but am concerned of how this will effect customers insurance. I have talked to two other local shops and one said he did it the way I do other said both ways. I was wondering who I would call at Safelite to confirm this as well as how everyone else here deals with multiple chips.
ghost rider
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Insurance Multiple CHips

Post by ghost rider »

Same as you, bill for one and do them all for one price. Never heard of multiple claims at one time. sounds to me like Safelite found a loophole for them to increase their claim numbers and profit. I guess I don't see anything wrong with it, if it really is a different claim and date for each chip. You might want to help your customers out and check with your state to see if you have a max number of comp claims limit. In states like Minnesota, after three comp claims in one year the insurance company can legally drop your comp coverage according to a state law the insurance companies lobbied for.