Windscreen Repair

This forum is dedicated to sales, marketing, insurance, and other business development issues. Since this is a Windshield Repair sub forum, please continue to use the other forums on this board to discuss non-windshield repair related issues of any nature.
griff871
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Windscreen Repair

Post by griff871 »

I have a kit and have used it for some time, I repaired two screens today but when the resin had hardened they looked ok until I used a blade to take off the excess hardener. The outer part of the repair looked scuffed or greyish and left a visual mark that was not clear. Do I have resin issues?
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Windscreen Repair

Post by screenman »

Have you had any training in the use of the tools? It is difficult to answer your question without a bit more knowledge about your skill levels.
benswindshieldrepair
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: Windscreen Repair

Post by benswindshieldrepair »

As screenman said, you need proper training. My initial impression is that you need to polish the pit to take away the grey look and polish it to be a "near glass" finish which is possible with the products offered on the market nowadays. The fact that you are posting here gives some credence to your intent. But in all honesty, as soon as humanly possible, get some training. Otherwise, you might be considered one of "those guys" who lend discredit to our art and profession by delivering substandard repairs. There are so many out there, and they are ruining this business. Don't be that guy.