Can you make a decent living doing wsr?

This forum is dedicated to sales, marketing, insurance, and other business development issues. Since this is a Windshield Repair sub forum, please continue to use the other forums on this board to discuss non-windshield repair related issues of any nature.
C.Ryan
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Can you make a decent living doing wsr?

Post by C.Ryan »

After 6 years working for the government I recently lost my job. I have considered working for myself doing WSR. I have 2 questions. Is there anyone near Chapel Hill, North Carolina doing this type of work? Can you really make a decent living doing WSR? Any information or feedback will be appreciated. Thank you.
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Can you make a decent living doing wsr?

Post by screenman »

Not sure about where you live but I have certainly made a very good living over the past 24 years and hopefully will continue to do so.
t4k

Post by t4k »

WSR is like any other business, you get out what you put in.
C.Ryan

Post by C.Ryan »

screenman do you do wsr only or do you offer other services. Are you a one man operation?
t4k

Post by t4k »

A question for you, C.Ryan. What do you consider a decent living? Some would think $30K a year is decent and some would need $100K to make ends meet. No need to really answer that but you need to ask yourself this question.

Working for yourself also takes a certain type of person. You have to be a salesman, a people person, a great technician and a self motivated individual who gets up everyday and pushes forward to find new work.
C.Ryan

Post by C.Ryan »

I would say $ 40,000-$45,000 would be good enough for me.
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

t4k wrote:WSR is like any other business, you get out what you put in.
Well put. There are those who make 6 figure incomes repairing windshields and those who struggle just to put food on the table. For any business to be successful you need to have confidence, perseverance, patience and a great attitude. I've owned a number of other businesses and for me it was easier to be successful in wsr than any of the rest, partly because the start up cost is so low, and partly because it's a relatively simple business to operate. That's not to say it is easy though, you will have to work hard to make a decent living, whether for you that means $30K or $100K.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.