Print Advertising question

This forum is dedicated to sales, marketing, insurance, and other business development issues. Since this is a Windshield Repair sub forum, please continue to use the other forums on this board to discuss non-windshield repair related issues of any nature.
glassguypdx
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Print Advertising question

Post by glassguypdx »

Does anyone here have any experience with print advertsising with their Roch chip business ? Im strongly playing with the idea of stepping up and doing an ad campaign . Im just not sure what publication's will be the best use of my limited budget , Im leaning towards the coupon type magazines that come in the mail weekly or Valpak . If anyone has any experience with these or similar publications I would be very greatful for any insight that you might be able to offer .

Thanks in advance

John
bill lambeth

Re: Print Advertising question

Post by bill lambeth »

I have tried something similar to valpack but it was a complete failure.I have also done some other advertisement that failed.In my opinion the best advertisement you can do is get out there and bust YOUR tail.The work is not going to come to you unless you have a large fleet account that can keep you busy.
candyman

Post by candyman »

I have treid grocery reciept's, Flyers, radio, Yellow pages etc... None of it returned my investment. I do better face to face area canvassing, and referrals. Check some of the past post on the subject. Have a good new year.
clearquest

Post by clearquest »

Don't waste your time. Doesn't work. A waste of money.
Frank EU
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Frank EU »

a fresh post, 64 views and only 3 replies....

To be Advertising without a Marketing Plan is useless.
Advertizing should be PART of your Marketing Mix.
It requires not only proper funding, also a strategy, dedication, time and effort.

We have always been advertising (both local and nationwide) and always had good results.
You should, if you decide to start a campaign (any) first sit down and come up with a proper plan.
If not, you miss out and waste money. Good luck.
glassguypdx

Post by glassguypdx »

Firstly thank you to those that took time to respond to my question . @ frankeu , of course there needs to be a marketing plan in place , that is why I'm here asking the questions I'm asking about advertising from those that might have the experience to help guide me through the maze of options . It sounds as though you've had success where others have not in this area and that is great , obviously you have been doing something in your overall marketing strategy that the others have not , I would be curious to here why your print ad campaigns have been successful ? As far as fleet goes , for over 20 years that is all our company has concentrated on , fleet and dealer , and after the past 4-5 years its taken its toll on my company and a redirection needs to take place , ie insurance customers . So on that note , I welcome any additional contributions to this thread that might lend further insight to what types of print advertising has and has not worked , and why .

Ps , I did a thread search on print / advertising and it yielded no appreciable results , possibly I don't understand how the search functions work ?
DryStar

Post by DryStar »

Frank EU wrote:a fresh post, 64 views and only 3 replies....

To be Advertising without a Marketing Plan is useless.
Advertizing should be PART of your Marketing Mix.
It requires not only proper funding, also a strategy, dedication, time and effort.

We have always been advertising (both local and nationwide) and always had good results.
You should, if you decide to start a campaign (any) first sit down and come up with a proper plan.
If not, you miss out and waste money. Good luck.
Frank, would you mind mentioning the company name you use in USA? I've been following your post for some time now but for some reason you've never supplied us with your company name. Is it some top secret?

Just wanted to see how you advertise and market your services in this area.

I believe that's a fair question, don't you?

Mine is "Smart Glass" be interested in knowing what company name you use.
Chips_Away_Windshield_Repair
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Chips_Away_Windshield_Repair »

Vehicle noticable advertising and internet web site.
Cryatal_Image

Post by Cryatal_Image »

I have a few marketing ideas i would share. Something i used to do was sell ads on restraunt table placemats. I would sell ads for up to $250 each. BUT since you have a businesses to advertise, you wouldnt need to make any money on it and only sell the ads at cost which be around $35-50 or so per businesses. Before i knew much about anything and was only an idea, i walked into a local pizza hut and talked to the manager about it. Told me she would contact her district manager so i walked out and and almost left. Went back in for some reason and the manager had told me she just got off the phone with the district manager and gave me approva . I myself phoned the district manager and she was part of 5 more pizza hut chains. I got them all and was quite overwhelmed. That is a DAMN HARD trying to make a living that way. Seems today, everyone knows the PRICE of everything and the VALUE of nothing! To many expect instant results from all adverts they try and advertising just dont work like that.

Kinda like KLEENEX right? "HONEY CAN YOU PICK UP SOME KLEENEX at wally world tomarrow. Nobody ever says, we ned some puffs..lol. Its branding.

In this trade kinda like novus. I never called them, never seen their ads anywhere other than them lil trucks runniing all over the place. When i thought of anything to do with glass, that was the first name that came to mind!

People dont pay attention to adverts and marketing as they are far to busy, however, kind of hard not to notice a few ads that are "COUPONS" sitting right smack on the table in front of them waiting for their food. Some coupons work and others dont, just depends on the business. For example, i had an ad in 1 of the placemats from a nail salon. All the ladies went crazy over this... Women and their nails..sighs :roll: I checked with my client who bought the ad 1 week later and that ad paid for itself in only a few days with running some special on nails/waxing/hair, bla bla.

You can do paper placemats say, 5000 of them which can last 3 months or so. Much cheaper to lamainate them however, using laminated mats, cusomters cannot tear any coupons off. (food for thought)... :D

Businesses cards - Alot of money and space wasted as nobody seems to use the back of the card. Lets say you do a HLR, on the back you can give a coupon "GOOD FOR (1) FREE Rock Chip Repair. Or reverse it by offering a 20 or 30% off a headlight restoration. Hand them out like candy where ever ya go. Your First Impression is YOUR BIZ CARD. Heck, you could even have the pres., vice pres. and all those white house nuts phone number on the back. They are sure to keep the cards around to show their friends of "HEY, THIS IS NEAT" to show their friends.
DryStar

Post by DryStar »

Face to face...is the only advertising that has worked for me. I've tried all others but this one has profited me the most! You have to sale your service and quality. If you can do that, you'll be fine.