Customer sketchy when paying with credit card w/ Mobile APP

This forum is dedicated to sales, marketing, insurance, and other business development issues. Since this is a Windshield Repair sub forum, please continue to use the other forums on this board to discuss non-windshield repair related issues of any nature.
t4k
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Customer sketchy when paying with credit card w/ Mobile

Post by t4k »

ChampionCHIP,wsr wrote:i contacted squareup a couple weeks ago , they ran my bank account debit and credit, and that has been it.. tried emailing and tweeting them to find out when the card reader will be sent, i get no response. are they that backed up or slow. does anyone have there phone number can not find it anywhere
thanks,
paul

It took about three months to get ours. I also tried to call them and couldn't find a contact number. Sad but true.....you just have to wait.

They will send you an email when it ships!
ChampionCHIP,wsr

Post by ChampionCHIP,wsr »

thanks for the info. that is unbelievabe and sucks.
apul
SanAntonioWindshield

Post by SanAntonioWindshield »

Roo wrote:I don't process a whole lot of credit cards to begin with. However, I do them through my Iphone when I do and have never had anyone think twice about letting me process that way. Do you have your company name/logo on your invoices, truck, clothing, business cards, etc? I know it's not absolutely necessary but it does show and give a feeling of dealing with a professional business that is not out to just make a quick buck.
Yes I have all that.
Roo

Post by Roo »

Square up: update

I signed up with them and everything went smooth. I got my swiper within a week(downfall is I have a 1st gen I phone it won't work on) Still cheaper for me to pay the higher rate though as I was paying a monthly fee with my other provider plus 3+%. I don't do many credit cards at all but I did process one the other day and it went smooth as silk and I had my money in my account in 3 days.
BGW
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by BGW »

I'm relatively new to the whole glass repair/replacement business in general. I dont accept cc's because of the rates that are charged. Does anybody add the 2.75% credit card transaction fee to the customers ticket to off-set those fees or do you just "take it"?

John Bemis
Bemis Glass Werx
Garden City, Kansas
John Bemis
Bemis Glass Werx
Garden City, Kansas
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

All of the merchant services agreements I have read state that you cannot charge your customers more for using a credit card. You can however offer cash discounts.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
BGW

Post by BGW »

Thanks Brent for the insight. Seems that Squareup is not set up for Blackberrys though. :(

Just found this on the web and thought it was "post worthy".

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/technol ... ifone.html
John Bemis
Bemis Glass Werx
Garden City, Kansas
paulrsf

Post by paulrsf »

I had, until recently been using "Swipe" for processing credit card charges. Swipe works with a PayPal Merchant account. I recently terminated the service because I found that the number of monthly credit card sales was so low that it hardly made sense to pay the monthly service charges, not to mention the high cost per transaction. In every case since, I have been able to persuade customers to pay cash and I give them a small discount. I'd rather have the cash and they don't seem to mind the discount. Regarding charging the customer an additional amount to offset credit card charges: most merchant credit card agreements clearly state that this is not permissible. It isn't worth the gamble of having "that one" disgruntled customer file a complaint with the credit card company.
Paul R.
BGW

Post by BGW »

Duly noted, thanks.

Now for us Blackberry users http://www.intuit-gopayment.com offers a low volume plan (less than $1000 a month) at 2.7% per swipe and no transaction fees and no equipment to buy. More than $1000 per month is $12.95 per month service and 1.7% swipe rate with no transaction fees. Sounds good for part time techs like me. Just thought I'd put that out there.
John Bemis
Bemis Glass Werx
Garden City, Kansas
SMITHY

Post by SMITHY »

BGW wrote:Duly noted, thanks.

Now for us Blackberry users http://www.intuit-gopayment.com offers a low volume plan (less than $1000 a month) at 2.7% per swipe and no transaction fees and no equipment to buy. More than $1000 per month is $12.95 per month service and 1.7% swipe rate with no transaction fees. Sounds good for part time techs like me. Just thought I'd put that out there.
Intuit is good, but there is a separate application you have to do to accept American Expess. American Express through their program wants to charge you $5 per month and then the transaction percentage is higher with them.

So, I have Square Up for American Express and Intuit for all others.

Speaking with the lady at Intuit, if you consistently do more than $1000 per month, it is best she claims to go to plan b, and 1.7% fee. But you are not required to.

Neither one of these companies swipers work with my phone, but I can still process transactions. The rate is 3.5 % or something like that on either program. So that is a $1.75 I lose on every $50 dollar job. Small price to pay in my mind to offer that convenience to your customer.

I am using them for the ease in accounting functions. I don't want to work with a place that has a monthly fee for statements, monthly fee for gateway access, plus the percentage, plus the .20 to .30 cents per transactions....What a nightmare!

Not to mention that if you don't do any credit cards in a month, you still are required to pay those fees! Just did not sit well with me.
Jeff Smith-Owner
A + Windshield Repair