Customer sketchy when paying with credit card w/ Mobile APP

This forum is dedicated to sales, marketing, insurance, and other business development issues. Since this is a Windshield Repair sub forum, please continue to use the other forums on this board to discuss non-windshield repair related issues of any nature.
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Customer sketchy when paying with credit card w/ Mobile APP

Post by Brent Deines »

That's another one I had not heard of. Looks pretty cool, do you mind if I ask how much the up front, monthly, and transaction fees are?
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
FixitFelix
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: Customer sketchy when paying with credit card w/ Mobile APP

Post by FixitFelix »

RCRNR wrote: October 5th, 2018, 8:51 pm I use the clover flex which is a very professional credit card machine it cost more but it prints its own receipts and allows customers to enter debit pins which cost less than credit card transactions. Compared to something attached to ones phone I feel it is way more professional. I have only been open a short time a little over a month but have had no one blink when I pull out the flex. I have only done approx. 2 k in credit card sales being most of my customers use insurance. You should look up the clover flex pay more up front but save in transaction fees using debit instead of credit. I do repair only, studies suggest that payments under 80 dollars are almost always debit it will pay for itself.
A friend of mine uses the Flex, and I kicked myself for not asking him what it was. Now I know! You're right, it looks VERY professional, and I highly doubt anyone would bat an eye at allowing you to process their payment through it. Does it handle any of the bookmaking and taxes like Quickbooks, or will that need to be done separately? If it doesnt handle bookmaking, does it transfer data to something like Quickbooks to make handling the bookmaking seamless?
I'm your huckleberry