Preferred vendor

This forum is dedicated to sales, marketing, insurance, and other business development issues. Since this is a Windshield Repair sub forum, please continue to use the other forums on this board to discuss non-windshield repair related issues of any nature.
Jcredit
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Preferred vendor

Post by Jcredit »

I am looking into starting up a new shop and was wondering what is the process to become a preferred vendor with the major insurance companies? I feel like the hardest part of start up will be the insurance billing and the ability to Bill them directly for the repairs.
Please let me know your thoughts on this
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Preferred vendor

Post by screenman »

There are a lot of uninsured vehicles out there in fact over they make up the majority of vehicles on the road, so chase the bigger market would be my suggestion. I cannot help you with the preferred vendor bit as I am not in the USA.
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Preferred vendor

Post by Brent Deines »

I'm really surprised others have not responded to this. Insurance billing is easy. Here is a link to some information to help you get started. https://www.deltakits.com/?s=insurance+ ... duct_cat=0

Some windshield repair companies do bill "some" insurance companies directly, but most use a third party administrator (TPA). Signup is relatively straight forward and once you are up and running the process is very simple. Personally I wouldn't worry about getting on a preferred list, just go find your own customers. We rarely get referrals but the service side of our business, Eugene Windshield Repair, is growing steadily based on customer referrals and our website. It would grow much faster if we did more mobiles and actively solicited new business like anyone new to the business should do. We do 99% of our business from a fixed location and bill most through the TPAs due to the fact that we don't want to compete with our product customers in our local market. You have no such limitations so you should be able to grow much faster!

Before I went to work for Delta Kits I preferred fleet accounts, and had a bunch of them. None of that was insurance work so it just depends on the business model you choose but don't be afraid of insurance billing. Nothing to it!
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.