Is this worth adding to my business?

Discuss all aspects of headlight restoration, including marketing, technical, and business advice.
RonLove
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Is this worth adding to my business?

Post by RonLove »

How much are people charging for the restoration? This feels like it may be harder to sell because it is more of a cosmetic thing as opposed to windshield repair having safety benefits. I read also I believe that the cost for windshield repair is $1.00-$1.50 and headlight repairs are around $6.35 per repair on our end.. is this true? if so, it seems the overhead would be higher, less potential for clients, and possibly a lower profit margin? I could not see one doing this solely, but possibly in addition to other services. That is what I am looking into it for, to see if this is something to eventually offer my clients. Thank you.
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Is this worth adding to my business?

Post by screenman »

I do about 5 sets a week at $65, would have been $85 if not for Brexit. This is money I might not have if I did not offer the service. I seldom work cheap, but I am always busy.
loadie
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: Is this worth adding to my business?

Post by loadie »

I consider it to be a safety issue, especially if you can't see when your headlights are on.