State Farm Insurance

This area is to offer suggestions and to provide feedback on the Windshield Repair Forum. Please do not use this area to discuss forum rules or to complain about forum actions in regards to post or users. Posts will be removed that do not follow this
urbestbuys

State Farm Insurance

Post by urbestbuys »

I seldom post but I read the forum quite a lot. I keep seeing that State Farm does not pay for windshield chip repair. They pay mine in Texas as long as I identify the auto make and year model on the ticket. I went to a State Farm office and that is what they told me.
ghost rider
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: State Farm Insurance

Post by ghost rider »

urbestbuys wrote:I seldom post but I read the forum quite a lot. I keep seeing that State Farm does not pay for windshield chip repair. They pay mine in Texas as long as I identify the auto make and year model on the ticket. I went to a State Farm office and that is what they told me.

The statement that State Farm does not pay for repair is not quite accurate. States like Texas and a few others still have deductibles waived for repair. There are a few other states that offer a glass rider that you can purchase to pay all glass claims 100% even if you have a deductible on your comp coverage. Then there are the states that don't have glass riders available and State Farm does not waive the deductible in those states. In this case the customer would have to pay for the repair.